Chapter 28

** Aiden **

Whilst on the battlefield I felt the mate bond. Through the pain I was feeling, I was happy she was awake but that was short lived when I ran to catch her from falling but it was too late she had fainted and fallen to the ground

'Burn the bodies' I commanded through the pack link as I picked Jasmine up into my arms taking her back inside to the infirmary

I got cleaned up and dressed and went back to her side. Kaleb ran in and sat beside me

"Dad I don't get it, she was awake" Kaleb must have been more than happy to see his mum awake only to be disappointed

"I was in great pain son and through the mate bond she felt it and woke her, but maybe it woke her a bit sooner than her body would let her so that's why she is back asleep, she was still in a weak state son when she woke" I felt her squeeze my hand and I snap my head in her direction. It had been a few hours since she woke and fainted "Baby if you can hear me, open your beautiful eyes for me"

She groaned and fluttered her eyes open adjusting to the light. We hear another door open and Aimee walks out

"Luna" Aimee says smiling. I gripped Jasmines hand as she grips mine and smiling

"What's going on? What happened to me?" I frowned at Aimee as she simply nods

"You were badly hurt and lost a lot of blood, do you remember exactly what happened to you?" I hand Jasmine some water and aspirin just after helping her sit up.

Aimee checks her vision and gently touches her to check for pain "I remember Kaleb being taken, then I was fighting to get to him... Held by chains, I was beaten, I teleported him home to Aiden and nothing after that"

At least she remembers who we are

"Do you remember what happened a few hours ago?" Aimee asks

"Am I suppose to?" She takes another drink of water "No I don't, what happened?"

"You don't remember waking up?" Jasmine shakes her head

"You don't remember killing all the rogues?" Jasmine frowns shaking her head as Aimee goes into detail what happened.

Jasmine snapped her head to me and pulled my shirt back to check when I had been bit. A few scars remained and she sighed in relief. I smirked at the touch of her fingers going over where her mark lay. If it ignited a hunger in me than it surely ignited one in her.

"When can we take her home?" I ask as she smiles at me, only eyes on me as if she hasn't seen me in so long, like we'd been a part.

"Let's just get some food into her and see how it goes, I'll get someone to bring in some soup... You haven't had any solid food for a week now and I want you to take it easy" Jasmine nods as Aimee leaves the room.

Jasmine shyly smiles at me and I narrow my eyes at her

"Don't you ever do that to us again!" I stand up suddenly, that made Kaleb flinch "You don't realise the pain that we both went through, I thought you were dead" I couldn't contain the tears that fell "Knowing our son watched you get beaten, seeing you lifeless and strung up like some rag doll" Kaleb hugged me around my waist "I-I thought I lost you"

Jasmine moved a little so that her feet were hanging off the bed and before she could really stand on her two feet, we were both at her side holding her as she rubbed circles on her backs.

"I love you both, I did what I had to do to be here longer, I had to keep some thing's from you and from my mother... I can imagine she's rightfully mad?" I nod my head and bury my nose into her neck, taking in her scent