Chapter 12

You could feel the tension in the air until Sammy spoke up

"So alpha" She teases. We've known Sammy for a long time now, she grew up in New Blood, her family stayed next door to my grandparents home. I always saw her as a sister especially the way she looked after Kylie every time she stayed with my grandparents.

"Yes?" I mocked back

"You and my boss have known each other for a long time now, and now that you are both back together... When is the wedding?" Jasmine choked on her drink while I glared, Kaleb just smiled up at us. I felt Jasmine stiffen in her chair looking down at her food

"Jasmine?" Blair says when he looks at her more closely "What the - When did this happen?"

"It seems a little more aggressive now since she has been at home" Lily says looking over at her

Sammy and Zeke shake their heads "No, she's lucky if she goes weeks without one, it just seems like more because you've only just found out" Sammy says "Before I even got an interview with her she said I had the job because she knew I was Zekes mate just by looking at me" I watched her smile up at Zeke then back to everyone around the table "That's when I found out about her, she discovered people were after her to get to you Lily that's why we travelled for a bit before eventually settling down"

"When we got Addisons invite, it took everything we had to convince her that it was a sign for us to come home and stay home but she said that if we stayed here, something bad will happen" Zeke says "At the same time we will be protected and looked after if we came back"

"And I am always right" Jasmine says "Just because I said something bad will happen doesn't mean it will end badly" Tears had fallen from her eyes. She let me wipe them away then smiled at me "Don't look at me worried, I know things my mother hasn't even seen" She goes back to eating her food when someone slams their hand down on the table

"Coco calm down" my mum says to Lily. My mum has always called Lily by her nickname and when she's angry at her best friend it was her full name. I have just never seen Lily mad before until her daughter came home.

"You can't be in control of everything all the time mum, it's my turn to keep things from you and this is the best thing for all of you... ok?" She finishes up her food when my phone rings

**

My eyes followed her movement everywhere she went as she took photos. I sat right next to Marcus as we ate and laughed, relieving some of the stress that was still to come from the day.

While we helped move the furniture into Sammy and Zekes new place, I had secretly had a couple more security detail around the territory, two on every side. I wasn't going to let anything happen to my mate and son.

We moved Jasmine and Kalebs things in my place but she decided she will sort it out after the wedding. We talked about having a couple days off to ourselves, no child and no pack... Completely shut off to the world just me and her. I was looking forward to it, all this time knowing she was my mate and not being able to go after her killed me and now that she is here and her life could be in danger. I was willing to do anything to protect her even give my own life to save her.

I knew she could feel my heated gaze on her, could you blame me? She was wearing a slim figure hugging black dress with a lace racer styled back, the lace stopping at the top of her butt. My pants were tightening and fast at the sight of those toned legs in those heels, but it didn't stop the growl that was let loose every time I caught one of the unmated or younger male wolves turn lustful gazes her way. But then I would do it to if I was seventeen again, my mate just happens to be pure milf.