Chapter Two

Happy reading!

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

CHAPTER TWO

LOUIS’ POV

                Why did I have to bring this up? He looks so scared. Like a little kid when he knows he’s done something wrong.

The thing is: he didn’t do anything wrong. I did. When Harry kissed me, I didn’t know how to respond, so I just didn’t do anything. That gave him the wrong idea, and he pulled away looking hurt.

I just want to know if he kissed me because he feels something for me, or just because he was curious.

Because I think I may have felt something when it happened. I just don’t know how to tell him that.

“I-I’m sorry I kissed you, Lou. It won’t happen again.” Before I can stop him he makes a mad dash for his room and locks the door.

I sigh, and go back to the telly. I turn it off and stare at my reflection in the blank screen. I’m not sure how long this goes on, but after a while I can hear a faint sob coming from my right. Should I go in and comfort him? Should I let him be? I decide to man up and dragged myself from the couch to his door.

I knock twice and say softly, “Haz, please let me in.” The muffled sobs cease and I wonder if he is going to open the door.

“Please let me in,” I repeat. “I don’t hate you if that’s what you think.”

I hear the bed rustle and the door opens a crack. Harry’s eyes are bloodshot and he has a blanket wrapped around his shoulders.

“Don’t cry Hazza,” I say. I push the door open and envelope him into a hug. He wraps the blanket around us both. I notice that he has failed to keep his shirt on, but I am not about to complain. He gingerly places his head on top of mine as I put mine in the crook of his neck.

“Actually,” I say slowly in a shaky voice. “I kind of liked it.”

He pulls away slightly to look at my face and says, “You did?”

“Yeah,” I smile. Harry looks at me happily for a second, and then his face turns to something that almost looks like betrayal. What did I do?

“You’re just trying to make me feel better,” he says, pushing me away from him.

“What? No, Hazza, I liked it! I swear!” He rams me out of the room and slams the door in my face. What the hell? Bipolar much?

“Where am I supposed to sleep!?” I yell through the door.

“Idiot, there is another room in this flat, you know!” He responds angrily. I huff and go into the other room. All my clothes are here, but I haven’t slept in the bed since…well, what seems like forever. I am already wearing pajamas so I lay down on the bed. It is, cold, stiff, and uncomfortable. The bed feels foreign and there is a layer of dust on the top blanket.

I slip myself under the covers and try to get comfortable. I am freezing, and having no one to cuddle is unbearable. I know immediately that I'm not going to get much sleep.

NIALL’S POV

“I wonder how Harry and Louis are doing,” I ponder aloud, grabbing another slice of pizza. It is about one in the morning but we are all still awake.

“Sleeping,” mumbles Zayn. He has a pillow over his face and has been attempting to sleep for hours.

“Nah,” says Liam. “They probably kissed and made up. All better.” We all know they wouldn’t really kiss, but for best friends, they were strangely close. The guys and I have been wondering…

“Doubt it,” says Zayn, the pillow still obscuring his speech. “Harry’s probably crying and Louis is probably trying to comfort him by making him laugh. It’s what always happens when they end a fight.”

“What if they don’t make up this time?” I question. A string of silence followes these words.

“They will,” says Liam hopefully.

“Guys,” I say, lying down and putting my arms behind my head. “It’s been three days. To other people that might not be long, but for Harry and Louis that’s an eternity.”

“I’m still trying to figure out what was so bad that they stopped talking,” says Zayn. The pillow is finally free from his face and he is looking between Liam and me, as if we have the answer.

“Dunno,” replies Liam thoughtfully.

After that we all fall to sleep, each probably still thinking about the same thing.