Chapter Fourteen

Phantom readers do not be afraid to comment and vote! Happy Reading!

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

LOUIS’ POV

I wake up, three days after our meeting, to a loud snore coming from my left. Harry.

I roll out of bed and drag myself to the telly. It is only seven in the morning but I haven’t gotten much sleep lately anyway. I have been constantly worrying about how our stupid meeting went.

Did they decide to let us be together? Will they let us come out to the public? Or worse… Did they decide to separate us? To tell us that there is no chance in the universe of us every being allowed as a couple because we are both men?

Suddenly, the sound of ringing fills my ears. I snatch my mobile up and stare at the id. It’s them.

“Hello,” I answer.

“The board has come to a decision involving Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson.”

“That’s me, yes,” I say. There are butterflies in my stomach.

“Unfortunately, we find that an unnatural pairing such as you have would be a negative image for the band at this time,” the person on the other end says dryly. “You have been denied your offer to come out to the public, however you may continue your relationship as long as it is kept confidential at all times. You will continue to date Eleanor Calder. If you let yourselves appear to the public as more than friends, or do anything against the management’s wishes, there will be consequences. Have a nice day, Mr. Tomlinson.” The person hangs up.

I lower the mobile from my ear slowly. That isn’t so bad, is it? At least we still get to be together.

I know that Harry will be crushed. He wanted to come out more than I did, so hearing this will break his heart. I do not fancy having to tell him.

As if to make my day worse, I hear footsteps and soon a tousle-haired and boxer-clad lad shuffles in. He is ruffling the back of his head and one hand is rubbing his bare stomach.

“Where’d you go?” he asks tiredly.

I eye his practically naked figure. Sighing, I motion for him to sit down. “Management called.”

All signs of tiredness slip away and he takes my hands. “What did they say?” There is hope in his eyes, and I hate to squash it.

“They said that…that we’re not allowed to come out to the public at this time because it will ‘negatively affect the band,’” I confess.

In one heartbreaking motion, the hope in his eyes slips away and is replaced with disappointment and sadness.

“Oh,” is all he says.

“I’m so sorry, Harry,” I say, attempting to comfort him by pulling him into a hug.

He doesn’t hug me back, but he says, “its ok, Lou, it’s not your fault.” Before I know it I can feel tears hitting the bare skin on my back.

“I just-“ he breaks off into more sobs, his whole body shaking now, “didn’t want to hide anymore.”

“I know,” I soothe, rubbing his back and whispering words of comfort in his ear. All of a sudden, I feel angry. What gives Management the right to dictate our lives? They shouldn’t be making us feel this way. They shouldn’t be putting us down and telling us to keep lying. My grip tightens on Harry’s trembling shoulders and I spit, “You know what the worst part is? The person on the phone called us an ‘unnatural pairing,’ just because we’re gay.”

Harry rubs his eyes and pulls away from me. He continues to cry. I rub my temples in distain and shake my head. “Management is awful.”

“At least we still get to be together,” Harry remarks optimistically, but there are still tears covering his face.

“Yeah, at least. Come here, Hazza.” He scoots over to me and lays his curly head on my naked chest. He wraps his muscular arms around me but keeps crying weakly and silently. “Everything will be ok,” I whisper into his ear. “As long as we have each other, it doesn’t matter what management says. We still feel the same way, we just can’t show it in public. Except times like now…” I decide to cheer him up, so I bring my fingers into his sides and start to tickle him. Soon he is shaking, this time with laughter.

“S-stop!” he sputters.

I don’t stop.

Soon, I am on top of him tickling and he is laughing his arse off while trying to get me off of him. In a desperate attempt to make me stop, he concludes kicking me would be a good option.

His leg swings up and collides itself right into my balls. I roll off him and onto the floor, holding my junk in agony.

“Sorry!” he cries, laughing. I just grunt. “Maybe you shouldn’t have tickled me!” I go to punch him but it hurts too much to move. That damn boy has a strong kick.

“I’ll go get some ice for that,” he suggests, getting off the couch and heading to the kitchen.

“You do that,” I grumble.

He comes back with a bag of peas. “This is all I found, sorry,” he says, handing me the frozen food. I press it to my area and sigh with relief. It still hurts, but the cold numbs the pain.

“Better?” asks Harry.

“You little dipshit,” is all I respond. He bursts out laughing and turns on the telly, leaving me to fend for myself on the floor. I gingerly get up and set myself on the couch. At least I made him forget about his sadness and management, right?

Harry is flicking through channels when suddenly I hear the words ‘One Direction’ mentioned. Harry stops to watch the channel.

“….Reported relationship within the band,” a peppy, bleached blonde says scandalously. “Find out after the break.” Harry and I look at each other. They couldn’t know, could they?