Chapter Twenty Five

Happy Reading!

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

NIALL’S POV

“My lady,” I say, putting on a voice and stretching my hand out.

She giggles and takes it. “Thank you, good sir,” she mimickes. I smile and we head to the car, reaching our destination in a little under ten minutes.

We are seated at the restaurant and our orders are taken.

“This is nice, Niall,” El says with sincerity in her voice. I have taken her to a restaurant that isn’t quite that fancy, per say, but is still considerably more respectable than fast food.

“Glad you like it,” I smile. I can hardly remember the last time I took a woman on a date, so I’m still a little rusty. I have to keep remembering that I shouldn’t treat her like a man and make fart jokes or be playfully rude to her. Well, at least until our relationship progresses. And our relationship won’t progress if I’m asshole on the first date. So I’m trying to keep everything perfect.

“Niall, there’s no need to be nervous,” she says kindly, taking my hand that’s resting on the table.

Oh god she noticed. RED ALERT. RED ALERTTTTTT.

“Um,” I say, rubbing my neck with my spare hand, “I’m not nervous.”

She smiles but then gives me a look and says skeptically, “Aren’t you?”

CODE BLACK. CODE BLACK. ABANDON ALL HOPE. FEMALE FRIEND HAS CAUGHT ON. YOU’RE SCREWED, NIALL, SWITCH TO MEN LIKE LOUIS AND HARRY EVERYTHINGS OVER ALL HOPE HAS VANISHED. CODE BLACK. CODE BLACCKKKKKKKKK.

“Nope,” I say, attempting to be nonchalant and ignore the voice in my head.

Her smile grows wider and she says “I’m nervous too. All this time dating Louis, I never really had to put forth much effort. I knew the whole time he never really liked me. But with you, I keep remembering that I have to actually try to look decent and act decent,” she laughs.

“You don’t have to try that hard,” I say without thinking. “You’re beautiful, so you always look good.”

She blushes slightly. I give myself an imaginary pat on the back. Wow, I wasn’t even trying to compliment her. It just kind of slipped out. Good job, Niall. Good. Fucking. Job.

Our food comes eventually and we eat, exchanging little facts about ourselves and stories about our lives. I find I really enjoy talking to Eleanor.

Later I drop her off at her flat. Throughout the night I could feel people following us. I bet the paparazzi are really enjoying this little plot twist One Direction has raised.

We arrive at her door. She bites her lip and asks, “Would you like to come inside?”

I look her up and down, examining the arousing curve of her shoulders and thinness of her thighs. “Maybe another time,” I say softly. She blushes a bit more, but nods and smiles before gently closing her door. I walk back to my car and drive home.

“How did it go?” asks Zayn sleepily from the couch as I lock the door to our flat.

“Good, I think.”

“You’re back early, didn’t get any?”

“Shut up.”

I head to my bedroom, closing the door and lying down on the mattress, wondering when I can talk to her again.

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

LOUIS’ POV

“So, let me get this straight, the engagement between Louis and Eleanor was a sham?” asks the interviewer.