Chapter Eight

Happy Reading!

8===D8===D8===D8==D8===D

CHAPTER EIGHT

LOUIS’ POV

It has been several days since Harry and I’s fight, and our relationship is the same as it was after he kissed me for the first time. Silent. Uncomfortable. We don’t even touch each other and rarely look at one another. The bump in our relationship is also making it impossible for the lads to enjoy our company. Harry and I tried to be more than friends, but everything blew up in our faces and now we can’t even be in the same room for more than a few minutes. It seems like every time I find something I like, I destroy it. Harry and I were doomed from the start because of stupid old me.

It is about 5:00 in the evening and everyone is in our kitchen while Harry cooks chicken in a pan. Zayn and Liam are talking about something stupid while Niall is spinning around in his chair. I’m staring blankly at my mobile and occasionally glancing at the back of Harry’s head. I notice him struggling to do two things at the same time, so I stand up and head over to him.

“Need any help?” I inquire apprehensively.

“No, I got it,” he mutters stiffly while cutting up some carrots.

“C’mon, I can help,” I insist, taking the knife from his hand and pushing him away so he does not have to do all the work. He staggers back a bit from my push and his elbow grazes the hot stove. He immediately jumps and his hand goes to his elbow in pain.

“WHAT THE HELL, LOUIS? WHY DO YOU KEEP TRYING TO FUCK EVERYTHING UP?” He finally explodes after all these days of silence, rubbing his elbow. The boys end their conversations swiftly and look over at us is shock. The room is silent after Harry’s outburst, and I am cowering underneath his lethal stare.

“It’s-I’m not, I’m just trying to-“ I stutter, but Harry interrupts me.

“I don’t fucking care, Louis!” he growls, coming up nose to nose with me. His face is red with fury and he looks like he wants to punch me in the face. Liam gets up and walks over to Harry, placing a constraining hand on his shoulder.

“Harry, mate, it was only an accident,” he says reasonably. “Louis is sorry for burning you. You’re fine anyway.” I shake my head up and down in agreement.

Harry snorts, “Yeah,” he undertones, “’accident.’”

Liam looks confused. “Look, I know you guys haven’t really been getting along, but that’s no reason to yell at him for-“

“For what? Liam, you don’t even know what’s going on.”

“That’s because you won’t tell us!” Niall voices from the counter.

Harry looks me up and down, hate still in his eyes. He roughly pushes Liam’s hand off his shoulder and storms out of the kitchen. A few seconds later I hear the front door slam and he is gone.

The lads stare at me for a moment before Liam asks delicately, “Louis, what was that about?”

I sigh. “Harry asked me to be his boyfriend.”

Whatever the boys were expecting, it was not that. Especially my plain mentioning of it.

“Er…I take it you said ‘No,’” spoke Zayn, the first to recover after my words.