Chapter Twenty Four

Happy Reading!

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

NIALL’S POV

The only thing on the rest of the boy’s minds is the meeting with management at three.

The only thing on my mind is my date.

“Where do you think I should take her, guys? When do you think I should call her?”

“Oh my god, Niall, shut up!” Louis snaps from his boyfriend’s lap on the couch. Harry pulls Louis’ ear to his lips and whispers something, instantly calming the smaller lad’s nerves.

“Sorry, Niall,” he mumbles. Personally, I don’t blame him. I’ve been talking about this nonstop in the past few hours.

“I think,” Liam speaks up, “That you should talk to her after our meeting. She’s going anyway.”

“Is that too soon, though? I don’t want her to think I’m desperate.”

Zayn chuckles. “When was the last time you even went on a date, Niall? You’re totally desperate.” I frown.

“Don’t worry,” Liam assures. “It’s not too soon. Also, maybe take her out to dinner. That way you guys could talk and get to know each other.”

Louis scoffs. “Right, because it’s not like you’ve known her for years.”

“They don’t know each other on a personal level, though,” Liam answers for me.

“Does anyone?” Louis asks rhetorically.

“What, in all the time you two have ‘dated’ you never had a conversation with her?” I ask, a bit surprised.

“Not beyond work, really. I’ve told her some stuff about myself. She was the first person I told I was gay.” I notice Harry look hurt from this information, but Louis doesn’t seem to.

“Why not?” I ask.

“It never came up,” he shrugs. I’m shocked that he’s never asked her any personal questions, things about herself. I guess he doesn’t care about her. I think he notices the look on my face because he adds, “I like Eleanor, mate, but our relationship is weird. We’re sort of friends, but…” he trails off, unable to explain. “I’ve never really wanted to know anything personal about her. She’s just a colleague.”

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

We arrive at the office a bit early. Nevertheless, Eleanor has already arrived. “Hello,” she smiles and nods towards all of us, but looks at Louis. I feel a little hurt as she goes up to talk to him and Harry.

“Everything will be fine,” she promises them. “I’m sure they will have decided that the best way to clear up this gossip is by letting the two of you come out. I mean, it’s the simplest thing. The reason to describe all of these cover-ups.”

Louis has his arms tightly around Harry’s torso, his head pressed into Harry’s chest but turned slightly to look at Eleanor with lazy eyes. He seems unable to move an unable to talk, so Harry answers.

“I don’t know, El. They’ve done a lot of crazy stuff to keep this relationship a secret. According to them, the entire world thinks being gay is a sin.”

Eleanor sighs. I admire yet resent how much she cares. “Just don’t give up, ok?” she pleads. Harry nods but Louis only attempts to pull Harry closer, as if he is going to leave. He buries his face into Harry’s chest and I notice him shake slightly, while Harry strokes his hair and whispers comforting words to him.

Eleanor approaches me. “How do you think this meeting is going to turn out?” she asks quietly, so only I can hear.

“I don’t know, Ellie, but I admire your optimism.”

She smiles at my nickname and says, “I think they have to let Louis and Harry be together. They have to. I’m sick of being his girlfriend, really. I don’t like living with him, he’s messy and mopey,” she confesses.

I chuckle at her words. “Yeah and if Louis and Harry are allowed to be together, you don’t have to be so careful anymore. You can go back to a semi-normal life, not being the fiancée of a member of One Direction.”

She nods, but looks confused. “I’m still dating one though, right?” she asks delicately.

I smile widely at her. “Of course. About that, would you want to go to dinner with me?”

She smiles back, biting her plump bottom lip and looking down a bit. “I would love that. When?”

“Tomorrow night. Eight o’clock.”

She looks into my eyes. “Sounds great,” she says kindly.

Minutes later we are called into the office. Harry gently removes a stubborn Louis from around him and guides him into the room. There are several people that work for our management on one side of a table, as well as the head.

We line up on the other side of the table, taking our seats.

HARRY’S POV

“This has gone on long enough. Niall, more information has spread on your involvement with Eleanor in one day,” the large man sighs. “We can’t cover this up any longer.”

Everyone looks at one another, but I have eyes only for Louis. He is extremely fidgety and nervous, attempting to keep his anticipation to a minimum. I can tell that he hopes today it will all be over, that maybe standing up to these people was the right thing to do.

“We’ve made our decision,” says the calm man across from us at the table. Only yesterday he was livid, but now he looks weary. I take a deep breath, hoping the next words that come out of his mouth are what we want to hear.

“We have decided to break off the engagement of Eleanor and Louis,” he beings. Louis and I glance at each other. His eyes are gleaming with eagerness but his face remains serious.

“And, to clear up these ridiculous scandals, we have decided the best way to settle the dust is by telling the truth.”

I bite my lip, looking intently at the speaking man.

“We have decided to let you two,” he gestures to Louis and I, “come out to the world as a couple, if that is what you wish.”

Louis’ face breaks out in a grin. I almost can’t believe my ears. After all this stupid nonsense and heartbreak, all this stuff that could have been avoided, we won.

“We most certainly wish to come out,” says Louis. He looks at me and I grin back at him. Finally.

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

The picture on the side is near China Town in London. I just love that woman's hair, i want it! Super funky. (Wattpad streched the picture weird, seriously?)

Anywhoodles, i regret to inform you that Oasis is coming to a close. This isn't the last chapter, but there wont be too many after this. *tears*

Is there anything special that you wanted me to do? i dunno, anything that you expected from this story that you didn't get? Anything that has dissapointed you? i could add something, as long as it doesn't steer me too far from how i want this to end.

I love you guys, and i love your advice too, so don't be afraid to inbox me or comment or whatever. 

With cuddles and kisses ~

<3  Zoe  <3