Chapter Twelve

its hard to be creative while writing a Larry fanfic, so be patient while i write what every single writer ever has written on a Larry story. Happy Reading! 

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

CHAPTER TWELVE

LOUIS’ POV

Oh my god. What have I done? I should have just told Harry that I went out with Eleanor today from the start and then everything would be fine.

I was so exhausted when I got home. I didn’t tell him because I was scared of his reaction. I knew he would understand that it was management making me go, but I didn’t want him to be hurt or jealous. I didn’t want him to be upset because I hadn’t texted him to let him know.

Well, that blew up in my face. Now he is lying here, looking at me as if I am devils spawn. There is hurt on his face and tears streak his cheeks, some settling in the indents of his dimples as he gnaws his bottom lip to hold his sobs in. Yet another example of how I ruin everything.

“Haz, im sorr-“

“Do you love her more? Is that why you didn’t tell me? Do you have feelings for her?” he cuts me off.

“No!” I protest. “We are just friends, I swear. You know how we have to play up the lovey doveyness for the cameras! I was thinking about you the whole time we were together. We actually talked about you. I told her about our relationship, Haz, and she loves it. There is nothing romantic about El and I.”

He looks me in the eyes, the hurt still there. “Then why didn’t you tell me?” he inquires, letting more tears cover his pale face.

“I didn’t want to hurt your feelings,” I say. Then I let out a soft laugh. “Guess that didn’t work out well.”

He smiles faintly. “I know that you have to ‘date’ her for the image of the band,” Harry says shakily, “but it hurts so much to see you touch each other and kiss and laugh. I just wish that it didn’t have to be this way.”

I scoot closer to him and wrap my arms around him again. “I know,” I whisper into his ear, kissing his salty face softly on the cheek. He rolls so he is facing away from me, turning himself into the little spoon as I stroke his hair lightly.

“It could be different,” he says, suddenly determined. “We could do it.”

“Do what?” I ask.

“We could come out, Louis. We could be a couple and it wouldn’t have to be a secret.” I freeze, my fingers still resting in his mop of brown hair.

“You know that management wouldn’t allow that,” I delicately point out.

“We could tell them about our relationship,” he is very resolute now and I can tell he really wants to do this. “We could make a really good case, like lawyers. We could definitely convince them to let us be together.”

“We’re not lawyers, Harry.”

“Who cares?” he is restless now, and he turns his head to look at me. “I only care about us. And how much it hurts to watch you be with someone else. To have to kiss a woman when you’re gay, Louis. Wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to pretend to love her?”

I look him intensely in the eyes. “Yes, I would rather only have you, Haz,” I sigh, rubbing my temples with anxiety.

“But what?” he questions, noticing my apprehensive composure.

“Harry, what if it goes wrong? What if they tell us we can’t even touch each other or to move out of each other’s flats? Or what if they do let us come out, and then we ruin the band? What if people hate us, Harry? I haven’t even told my mum that I’m gay.” All of these concerns spill out at once and before I know it I have to stop or I might cry.

Harry flips around to face me, using both of his large hands to pull my face to his. He kisses me tenderly and says, “If you’re not ready, we don’t have to, Louis.”

He then wraps his arms around my head while I press my forehead against his warm chest. I can feel his heartbeat through his shirt. I can tell that this isn’t over. Harry might say that he will wait for me to be ready, but he can’t wait forever. He wants to come out, and I can’t hold him back with my worries. We should tell management, maybe they would let us be together. It might be time to take the gamble.

Would telling management make things better or worse? 

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

Do you think they should tell management????