Chapter Twenty

Holy balls, twenty chapters already? I love anyone who is stupid enough to have read this far :) Happy Reading!

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

CHAPTER TWENTY

LOUIS’ POV

Living with Eleanor is strange. Makeup is scattered everywhere, half-finished frappachino’s are left on the counter. At any given time during the day I can smell perfume. Also, I keep tripping over randomly placed pairs of shoes.

Living without Harry is even stranger. In fact, it is heartbreaking. I hadn’t realized how much I had gotten used to smelling his manly cologne and spending hours against is sturdy chest, watching the telly and listening to him make lame jokes.

I miss his incredible cooking and especially his hair. I love playing with his hair, but I can’t do that now. So I’m lying upside-down on the couch, the blood rushing to my head as I stare blankly at the wall while Eleanor is at work.

It has been two weeks and I haven’t seen him once. Management has carefully planned our schedules so that our paths do not cross. One day Liam, Niall and I are working on our album in one room while Harry and Zayn are working on it in a different room. Eventually, though, they will be forced to let us see each other, even if it is only for work.

I hear a creak and a door being opened. I look up with false hope, but am met with the face of a woman.

“Have you been lying on the sofa all day?” Eleanor asks disapprovingly, raising a perfectly sculpted eyebrow.

“No.”

She sighs, “Yes you have.” I elevate my head a bit to look at her but I don’t respond. She comes over to sit next to me on the couch, resting one of her hands on my knee in an act of comfort. “You miss him,” she states. I still don’t respond. I don’t have to.

“C’mon, Lou, just get out of the house,” she says, “It’s better than sitting here. You deserve to have a little fun!”

“No,” I say stubbornly. I can’t help but remember what happened last time I went out to have a little fun. Having stupid fun is what got us into this mess, and what is keeping me from Harry. I don’t deserve to have fun because every time I try to have fun something falls apart.

Eleanor sighs, “Maybe we could invite the guys over, as well as Harry. We couldn’t get in to trouble for that.”

I just shrug and sit up, my head beginning to hurt. “I dunno, El.”

NIALL’S POV

“He looks upset.”

“Obviously, Niall, he misses his boyfriend.”

“But can’t we cheer him up?”

“What are we supposed to do, bake him a goddamn cake and write ‘sorry your boyfriend got fake engaged’ on it?”

“Ok, Mr. Sarcasm, I get it,” I glare. “Hey, maybe we could surprise them!”

“What do you mean?” Zayn asks.

“Well, we have to record all of us together for the album, right? I mean, how long can we put that off? Maybe tomorrow when we go to the studio we can make sure both Louis and Harry are there. We can’t get into trouble or anything if it’s for work, and Harry and Louis will be able to see each other.”

Zayn shrugs, “We could try that,” he says. “Ring Louis.”

I pick up my mobile at the exact time it begins to ring. Looking at the caller id, I discover it is Eleanor trying to reach me.