3

Please point out any errors, thanks.

I started organizing my things in my room immediately after my mum told me the news. She left about 10 minutes ago to pick up some boxes from our local junk yard.

Sounds cliche, I know. But it's actually not that gross there to be honest. Besides, it'll save us money, escpecially with my mum losing her job due to our upcoming move. She told me that she found a job near our soon to be home.

I'm currently separating my clothes and putting them in neat little piles. I'm not really the type of person to be neat and organized but this is different.

I've been packing my things for about two hours now and I'm almost done. I just have a couple things in my shelf.

I sit in the living room watching some stupid movie as I wait for mum to return.

Im only there for five minutes before I hear her car pull up.

I turn off the tv and go outside to help bring in the boxes.

~

My mum and I are looking down at all the boxes that lay in front of us in the small living area.

"Alright, we got my things pack, the bathroom necessities, our sheets, clothing, your items, and some other things from the kitchen and living room," my mum tells me.

My poor mum has dark circles under her dull eyes. I know that she hasn't gotten much sleep the past few days. It's not fair, I hate my father for that.

I always had an idea in the back of my head that my dad was a little off and wasn't always there to support me and my mum but I never thought anything of it though.

I thought every father was like that.

But now it all makes sense. He never cared about mum and I, used us for the money. He knew he couldn't just leave us.

But now we're leaving him, and I don't have any guilt of it. He put us in this situation.

But I can't say it doesn't hurt. Fathers are supposed to be there for you. Supposed to teach me right from wrong. How to be a gentleman.

How to be a good father when I grow up.

It hurts so badly to know I won't get that opportunity. But I wouldn't want it from him anyways.

I sigh and nod, it took us five hours and it's already half past ten.

"I called the moving truck company earlier today and they said they could have it here by tomorrow morning at 9. Is that alright Lou?" My mum asked, but it didn't even really sound like a question.

"Okay," I shortly answer. I yawn and sit down on the couch that's right behind me. I roll my neck out and stretch my body. My stomach growled.

"Louis, I'm gonna head up to bed now and don't worry about your father he probably won't be back until late tonight."

Just fucking great.

"Just ignore him and do whatever but please let's try not to cause a bigger problem with him okay baby," my mum says kindly.

"Yes mum I know," I reply.

"Alright, I love you and I'll see in the morning," she places a kiss to my feathery and messed up hair.

I say my goodnight and head into the kitchen.

I'm starving! I could eat a cow!

Okay maybe not.
But you get it.