4

Please point out any mistakes, thanks.

"Lou. Hun, the moving truck is here, we have 3 hours until we have to leave," my mum says while lightly shaking me to wake me up.

I look at my phone that is next to bed, still plugged in.

It reads 8:47

Yep, that's right, 3 hours.

But while do I feel so sluggish? It's a really odd feeling.

I don't say anything to my mum, not that she was expecting anything though. She walked out of the room and left me contemplating my thoughts.

After a couple minutes of sitting around in bed and scrolling through Instagram, I finally get up.

I'm still wearing my outfit from yesterday, but that's because all my clothes are already packed up.

My wrists are really sore, I pout. It burns when I move them even the littlest bit.

I pull my sweatshirt from the ground where I threw it last night and made sure the sleeves were covering my arms.

I stumble my way to the kitchen to get something to eat.

When I walk through the small opening that leads into the kitchen I see eyes on me.

Shit

"Louis, why would you want to leave me? I don't know what you mum told you, but it's a lie," my father said with not much of an expression. Almost evil or angry.

I quickly walk to the fridge and pull out two apples and a water bottle.

I mumble as I walk out of the room, "I know who to trust and who to not."

I quickly get back upstairs and shut the door.

Why am I suddenly so afraid of him.

Yes, I'm extremely angry but why am I so scared? I can't be scared.

I look over to my window to see my mum at the truck, smiling to one of the moving company's people.

A lot of our boxes are outside already. But I saw at least 15 downstairs when I got my breakfast.

I take a bite out of one of the apples and head downstairs again. My front door is open and I see mum walking up to it.

"Hey, hun," she smiles, "mind helping me with the last of the boxes?"

"Yea of course mum," I smile back.

I place my other apples and water bottle down on the table.

I pick up a large box and walk outside to the truck.

•••
Mum is taking the last small box to the truck so I grab my apples and water and head upstairs. I check my phone to see its 9:53.

Shit. I have to be there soon.

With that, I grab my phone and put it in my middle pocket on my sweatshirt along with my earbuds and second apple.

I tell mum where I'm heading and start walking while eating my breakfast.
•••
I manage to eat both apples before I get there at 10:13. Oops. I'm a little late.

I see my two friends laughing together on the swings. When they see me they smile.

Max runs over to me and engulfs me in his famous warm hug. He starts to cry and tells me he's going to miss me so much.

I see Jake walking over too.

He hugs me and tells me the same, except without the tears.

I hear max sniffling behind us and I can't help but smile.