Chapter 14-Amen

"Isn't it obvious? It's because I hate her just like how her parents really hate her too." I watched the words "hate" come out of her mouth. My bestfriend,my sister,the one I told everything to just said she hated me.

"Little girl you better watch your mouth because we love Avia more than you ever will!" Mom yelled at her.

"Oh really? If you love her why did you beat her? Don't think I noticed the cuts on Avia when we hung out,not to mention that livestream of you guys trying to practically kill your children!"

"That's in the past! We are never going to abuse them again! We're here to talk about you trying to kill her,okay!" Dad stood up,but Mrs.Myers motioned him to take a seat.

"Yes Karen,we're here to talk about you pushing Avia,please let's not change the subject." Mrs.Myers said to Karen. All she did was slightly nod her head.

"Thank you. Veronica you may leave now." For the first time ever,she said to me "good luck." Veronica left the office and now it was just us again.

"I understand that you may have hated Avia,but these are serious consequences! Have you not listened to the assemblies we've been having about these kind of issues? Ms.Bell,I looked through your records and you have never gotten a detention in your life! You need to know,that you could get suspended or even expelled for this." I looked up to see the tears fall from her brown eyes.

"Mrs.Myers,please,please,do not suspend or expelle me! I'll do anything,I'll write you an essay,I'll do anything I just do not want this on my records!" She said looking straigjt into her eyes.

"Karen,you are a wonderful student,but when it's this kind of situation you must have a suspension. I'm sorry,but your parents are already on their way to pick you up. However,please do not expect that to be it. I would like you to write an apology to Avia's family,we do not take these matters lightly." Karen bursted into even more tears. I hated seeing her like this,but then I remember that she hated me. She caused me to have a permanent scar on my stomach.

She's the reason. She's now dead to me.

She put her head down and kept crying. I just kept looking at my hands,listening to her sniffles.

"Please gather your stuff now Karen. Come back to the office and sit in a chair while you wait for your parents." She got up,gave one last look at me,and left the room.

Mrs.Myers sighed. "Thank you so much Mr and Mrs.Butler. I'm so sorry this happaned to you Avia. Now I know you guys might be considering of taking Avia out of the school,but I can assure you we are adding new policies and even more enforcements to the kids."

"Let me ask you something. Isn't it already in your handbook that children are not allowed to bring weapons to school? Now how could a change in policy change the situation also,the kids would still break the rules. You are a wonderful women,but no,we are taking Avia and Emmi out of this school." Dad said.

"I understand. Would you like me to call Emmi up?"

"Yes please." And in a matter of minutes,we left the school building. Dad explained the situation to Emmi.

"Ca-can I at least say goodbye to my friends tomorrow?"

"Of course Emmi,you too Avia. You girls have this whole week to say goodbye to your friends and classmates." We nodded our heads.

"What about Gavin?" I asked as we passed his school.

"He'll stay there." Then it was silent again.
~
We finished shooting a video with mom,and it was awesome. We were all just giggling and laughing,it was amazing.

About three hours after shooting the video,dad made us all sit on the couch.

He put his hand on mom's thigh,this is bad,I already know it.

"You guys remember Caleb,Annie,and Hayley right? The Bratayley family,the one we were with two weeks ago?" We nodded our heads. "Caleb uh-he uh-"dad began to cry putting his face into his hands,"he passed away." Mom covered her hand with her mouth and started crying as well.

Tears began rolling down my cheek too. We may have barely talked,but we all acted as if we were family. I could only imagine what his family was going through right now.

"H-how did he die." Mom asked,but dad just shrugged. "They say he died from natural causes,that's all anyone knows right now." We all sat there holding each other. Gavin was crying a lot,Caleb and him hung out a lot.

"All we can do right now is grieve and pray with them." Mom said wiping her tears away. "You guys wanna say a prayer for Caleb?" We all nodded and folded our hands and closed our eyes. Gavin led the prayer.

Dear heavenly Father
Please help the Bratayley family as they get through this tough time.
Please take good care of our friend Caleb. Thank you Lord for putting him on this world,he truly was an amazing boy.
I hope he's up there in heaven right now playing baseball.
Please help the Baked Potato's family to stay strong and know that you are on their side.
Amen.

"Amen."