Chapter 17-Cut!

Avia's P.O.V

It's been a month since all the cheer drama with Karen being on my team. Emmi's been on edge a lot more now,whenever mom get's mad at her for not cleaning she always starts crying,don't know why though. Maybe it's just a phase.

And as for Karen,I don't even know what's going on. Mom's told the coach about why she wants one of us to switch,but until now she still hasn't changed. I've tried my best to ignore her and not talk to her,but that's kind of hard when she's your base and your partner for some stuff. It kills me that i have to work with her,but I'm doing it for my team.

We walked into the house,the smell of ham and potatoes filled the air. Mom put those into the oven before leaving for church,pretty smart if you ask me.

"Alright Emmi,Avia,Brock,set up the table and I'll put the rolls into the oven." We ran to the kitchen and grabbed the plates while Emmi got the cups. We began putting them where we would all be sitting when mom began vlogging.

She came into the dining hall and Emmi started doing her funny dance.

"I'm good at helping!" Brock said as he did a dance too. I copied his moves and ran back to the kitchen to get the utensils which Brock forgot to get.

"What do we need to get again?" Brock asked as he opened the drawer.

"Just forks and knives,I don't think we need spoons." Mom said still recording.

"Wait what about butter knives?" I asked mom. "Yeah I think we only need two because Daxton. So Brock get two butter knives." He grabbed the two knives and I quickly took it from him,scared he might cut himself. I continued to tell him what else we needed seeing he looked a little confused.

We followed mom back to the dining hall where Brock and I put down knives and forks for each plate. When mom left,I argued with Emmi telling her that I wanted to sit near dad,but she said Brock and her were already sittig there.

"Brock do you wanna sit next to Gavin?" He quickly nodded his head and I switched our nametags around.

"There,it's a win-win!" I said clapping my hands. I made sure everything was perfect,habit of mine to make everything perfect! I heard mom shut off the camera and open the fridge. Dad came in and saw there was an extra knife on the table.

"Are we having a guest? Is that why there's an extra knife?" He said picking it up the handle and walking to the kitchen.

"No,dad! You have to hold it by the blade so you don't cut someone!" I said carefully grabbing the knife from him. "See?"

"Yeah but then what if you cut yourself! It's not safe to hold it by the blade,that's why you hold it by the handle where it's safe." He said grabbing it back from me.

"Hey what's all that yelling!" Mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Avia's holding a knife the wrong way!" Dad yelled back.
"What not even! Dad's holding it the wrong way!" I said running to mom,of course I wasn't holding the knife though.

Mom turned the camera on and said,"Alright you guys,we're having a little bit of a  family debate on how to hold knives. What is the proper way to carry a knife safely to the table?" Mom said as dad crept up from behind her with a pretty scart face. I couldn't help but laugh.

Mom turned the camera around to me and back I was to my I guess sassy side.

I explained the way mom told us to carry a knife and mom kept giggling at me,or maybe not at me because I saw dad behind me,but I didn't really see what he was doing.

"So that if you trip you don't," I put the knife upwards and pretended to trip with the knife almost stabbing me ,"cut yourself!" She laughed again.

"So I think you should hold it like this!" I said holding it by the blade,but Gavin shouted "No!" at me. Mom questioned me on why my hand was on the blade,but its safe right!

"Avia that's not-" Gavin was saying before he was interrupted by dad dropping one of the potatoes.

"Hahaha,that's a very hot potato!" Mom said as he kept tossing it around.

"Dad!" I exclaimed because he dropped the potato I was reserving for me.

"Wait I don't know if you should put yout hand on the blade though!" Mom yelled as I walked with my hand on the blade.

Dad grabbed a knife and carried it like a physcopath,it was the scarriest thing I've seen in a while because of his eyes going big and him holding the knife like that.

"Dad you're not helping!" I yelled trying to grab the knife.

"Shay is showing the incorrect way to hold a knife!" He swung the knife around,almost hitting me!

The knife entered my body.
Dad scribbled ''attention whore' and 'brats' on our thieghs.
Avia stop,that was the past at least it's not happening now,right?

Dad kept stabbing the air and I backed away,remembering what has happaned to me with knives.
"Dad stop your gonna kill me!" I walked away,got myself together,and went back. I was super nervous now.

I walked back to dad seeing he stopped stabbing the air,but nope was I wrong. He began stabbing the potatoes as mom kept laughing and recording. I jumped back and waved my hands in the air yelling ,"Cut!"

Dad eventually put the knife down and I calmed down.

"It's still rolling." Dad looked for the knife again and said in his creepiest voice ever,"She said cut." Pretending to slide the knife on his throat. I fully calmed down when he dropped the knife and got out of the kitchen. Geez,that was a close one.
~
"Emmi let's do a secret fashion show!" I squelled seeing the camera downstairs.

"Yeah why not!" We ran to my room and I sat down on my bed setting up the camera.

"Hey guys I have a special guest with me!"I pointed to the side as Emmi belly flopped onto my bed. I continued explaining what we were gonna do and before I knew it,we were done! We looked at all the footage and laughed at how sassy,and how cute our outfits were.

"Emmi we need to do this more,this was so fun!" She giggled and lied down. We layed there just starig up at the ceiling for a while. All I could think about how tense she's been this past month. I had to ask her.

"Hey Em?"
"Hm?"
I sat up and took a breath.
"Why have you been so,I don't know nervous this past month." She sat up with her back against the wall.
"I-it's nothing really."
"Em,come on I'm your sister. Why don't you trust me."
"Because I'm scared she'll find out I told you." She said playing with her fingers.
"What? Who's she? Is a bully,I will beat her up if you want me too!"
"No it's not a bully."
"Then who!" I said getting a little impatient at this guessing game.
"I-it's-"
"Just spit it out Emmi."
"It's mom."
-------------------------------------------------------
Oh shizzle my nizzle off the drizzle hizzle!
Very sorry for long time no update!

QOTD:How excited are you for Thanksgiving on a scale of 1-10?
AOTD:For me maybe an 8 because this is out first year actually roasting a turkey.