Chapter 16-It's Begun

Avia's POV

Brailee and I sat in the backseat jamming to Taylor Swift as mom dropped Emmi off to dance. We sang the words at the top of our lungs as mom drove and laughed at us.

We pulled into the parking lot of our gym,and she began to vlog. I talked about how mom or any of the viewers have seen our cheer routine yet. Honestly,our cheer routine stinks right now,but I said it was "amazing"because it's for the vlogs,right?

Brailee and I got out the car. I looked back to see mom through the windows vlogging.

"So how does it feel to be back?"

"Pretty excited. It wasn't so fun just sitting there watching you guys cheer. But I still can't tumble."

"Just take it easy Avs,we don't need you getting hurt again right?" I chuckled lightly.

"Yeah. I'm done with hospitals." I said as we entered the locker room.

"Are you sure you wanna go to cheer? Didn't the doctor say nothing too active?"

"That was weeks ago,they said I'm allowed to do our dance,just no tumbling for now." I said giving her a reassuring smile.

She sighed and said,"Just glad you're back Avs.".

We finished putting our stuff and ran into the gym. We sat in a circle doing our stretches which I couldn't do very well.

"Go into a bridge." Coach Jaya said. I watched everyone go into a bridge as I sat there waiting for them to drop.

Once they were told to stop,a new girl came running in. The familiar sway of her long brown hair made me realize that I knew this girl.

I knew this girl more than anyone.

I couldn't believe this girl had the nerves to transfer to my cheerleading team.

"If everyone could please welcome our new teammate.."

Emmi's POV

I exited our dance studio and walked to the parking lot with my dance buddy Jess who also happaned to be in the same class as me.

I tore off half of my granola bar and gave it to her.

"Remember to practice the dance. When is recital again?" She asked before eating the granola bar.

"I think in like two months or something. Jess,don't stress! Hey that rhymes!" We giggled as I saw the car. "That's my mom. See ya tomorrow!" I waved back at her and sat in the front seat.

"So how was dance?" Mom asked as she sped out of the lot.

"It was so good! I'm the only one who memorized our dance so quick. I can do the whole thing now! Wanna see when we get home?"

"Of course! You're gonna have to show your dad too." I laughed as I turned on the radio. We sang Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber songs as we drove to pick up Avia and Brailee.

We parked the car so they could see us,and we talked about Daxton's birthday and how much we missed dad. But mom was on her phone most of the time.

We saw Avia and Brailee walking towards the car. Brailee entered and after came Avia. She was red,like super red. Probably even more red than a tomato. She angrily slammed the car door shut and sat there looking out the window.

"Uh care to tell us why you're so angry?" Mom asked Avia looking back.

She looked at mom,arms still crossed.

"I hate the new girl on our team."

"Awh hun you probably just don't know her too well yet. Don't say things so quickly about other people you don't even know yet. Why don't you like her?"

"Because she's the girl who almost killed me." Mom's eyes widened as I turned around as well. "Karen's the new girl on our team."

"Oh my goodness." Mom mumbled. "I know how much you love this team Avia,but I want you to stay away from her."

"How can I do that when she's assigned to base for me during the performance! What is she gonna do now,purposely drop me on my face?"

"I'll make a note for your coach to change that! I do not want you near that girl!" Mom said turning on the car. We stayed silent the way home,not saying a word about Avia's new teammate.
~
"Woo hoo dad's almost home! Dad's almost home,just a few more hours till dad's almost home!" Avia chanted throughout the house. I peeked into dad's office to see how well mom cleaned it up.

Dad would be home in four hours,I shut the light off and closed the door. I ran to the kitchen as soon as I heard mom calling us.

Just a few more hours.

~

I saw mom vlogging how nice dad's office was now. I ran away from Gavin with the soccer ball cause he was being a big,fat ballhog. I kept bouncing the ball,and mom kept telling me to stop. I kept bouncing it to the point where she just ignore me,so I stopped.

The camera focused back on me and I bounced the ball once more,mom still scolding me to stop. She gave me the glare I haven't seen in a long time,and I quickly left the room.

"Just had to give her one look and she stopped." Mom said with a chuckle then shutting the camera off. I sped walk through the halls avoiding the lecture coming my way.

"Emmi can you come her for a minute?" She yelled across the hall. I paused,sighed,then turned around back to dad's office.

"Yeah?" I said entering the office. She quickly shut the door,pinned me against the wall,and covered my mouth. What? No,not this again.

"When I tell you to stop,you stop. Okay? I do not want to have to turn into the Collette you saw months ago,but I will if you push my buttons little girl. If you tell your father about this I will not hesitate to make your life hell again understand?" I quickly nodded my head and she gave me a hug.

"Emmi I still love you,okay?" She wrapped her arms around me,but I wasn't sure if I could trust her.

Afterall she did say she would make my life hell again a couple seconds ago.

She gave me a kiss on the cheek and left the room.

I'm only eight but I know it's gonna happen again. I know mom or dad is gonna start abusing us again.

But maybe it's already begun.