Chapter 21-Find Me The Nearest Bank

"Hope,what are you talking about?" Their coach said.

"Coach Becka,Karen came running up to us telling us that we would be paid if we dropped Avia."

"Karen who is paying you!" Becka said furiously. Karen turned to me and I was practically giving her the death stare. I was giving her a stare that basically said "You better not damn tell her my plan."

"I-I don't know."

"Karen speak up right now or I will get your parents and the po-"

"Becka can I talk to the three of them,privately?" I said cutting her off. She nodds her head and I put my smile on and lead them to the back of the gym.

I looked down at each of them.

"If any of you tell her that I'm paying you,I will not only not give you the money,but I will also tell your parents that it was your intention to drop my child. And not only that,I will tell the police that these three snobby teenage girls planned to hurt my daughter,and I will make sure you suffer the consequences. Oh,and do you also want me to kick you out of the gym?" Hope and Brooke were now crying but Karen had a straight face. "So you can either shut your damn mouth,or you can face all the consequences."

Karen sighed and looked back at the two. "Sorry,these girls aren't used to being in trouble like this. So,when exactly are you gonna pay us?"

"Tonight,only if you guys don't tell."

"Okay works for me." She began walking out but I stopped her.

"Woah there! You can't just walk out there while these two are crying! Make yourself cry too then let me do the talking."
She groaned and looked at me. "You're damn lucky I'm a great actor." Huh,I'm starting to like this kid.

The three crying girls and I walked back to Becka.

I sighed and wiped a fake tear away.

"I got them to confess. Karen tells me that she got several anonymous texts that if she and the two other girls dropped Avia,they would get paid a high price that she couldn't turn down. She texted the person back saying she wouldn't do it,but the texts kept coming back. She said even though she was getting threatned,she truly did not mean go drop her. Am I mad? Of course,but I believe Karen saying that she didn't intend to drop her."

"Karen can I see these texts?"

"Oh she-" I said about to answer for her but Becka cut me off.

"Mrs.Butler,I'm asking Karen."

"Yes I know that but the child seems to distraught to answer right now."

"I can see that,but I'm sure Karen can still talk."

"Mrs.Butler it's okay. I deleted the texts because I didn't want anyone to see it."

"Okay,but then why didn't Hope and Brooke catch her?" Becka asked turning to the two who were still crying.

Brooke,thankfully,answered. "You know how in volleyball when two people go for the ball but no one hits it because they get to scared they'll run into the other person. It was like that. Hope and I didn't think we could catch Avia without Karen,so we panicked and just didn't catch her."

Becka had her hands on her head now. She sighed in defeat.

"Okay,I believe you. We will discuss this again tomorrow. I want each of you to visit her at the hospital and apologize. Deeply apologize for the pain you guys have put her through."

"Becka,I'm just gonna go now and follow my family to the hospital."

"Go ahead Mrs.Butler." I ran out the gym,started the car,and drove out of the gym parking lot. I plugged my phone to play my music.

"Hey Siri," I heard the two pings ,"find me directions to the nearest bank."

-------------------------------------------------------
Hmm,maybe after the next chapter it will be them in Hawaii🌴