five

Adriana's P.O.V

One month later

My alarm went off and that only meant one thing. School.

It was the first day of school and I would be a Senior. If I'm being completely honest I am really nervous. I was going to be the new girl. Everyone already has their friends and groups and when I walk in looking lost everyone is going to judge me.

I struggled to get out of bed but I managed to do it somehow. I walked into my bathroom and took a shower. After I finished doing all that I put on a bra and my underwear and went back to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After I finished I brushed my hair and let it dry. I had naturally straight hair, so I never really had to straighten it. I only straighten it when I sleep with my hair wet and wake up with all these creases in my hair. I put on a pair of light wash, ripped jeans and folded the hem up a bit. I put on a ketchup colored top, slid into my Birkenstock's, applied a nude brown eyeshadow and mascara, put on my Ray Bans and walked downstairs with my back pack. (This is literally how I dress for school lol)

I looked at my phone to see that I had a text.

Giselle: Have a wonderful first day at hell make some friends loser 💗

Adriana: shut up! 😭

Giselle doesn't start school till next week. We've managed to make our friendship work even though we live in different states. We FaceTime just about every night and text through out the day. I knew that once I start school and soccer it was going to be a lot harder to try and talk to her as much as I did throughout the summer.

As I was walking down the stairs I could smell the French toast, my favorite. I walked in to the kitchen, set my bag down on the counter, and took a seat at the table. My dad served me two pieces of French toast and I dug in.

***

"Alright Adriana I'm going to have to go to work now, but have fun in school.", he kissed the top of my head, grabbed his stuff, and walked out the door.

"Dad!", I stopped him before he closed the door.

He looked at me waiting to hear what I have to say.

"Your tie.", I told him shoving a piece of French toast in my mouth.

He looked down at his tie and saw that it was untied.

"Oh my thanks sweetie.", he said as he started to fix it.

"I love you!", I told him and he closed the front door.

I'm not surprised he forgot, after all, my mom used to tie it for him everyday.

After I finished my breakfast I put my plate in the sink, I grabbed my stuff, and walked out the door. I got in my car, put my bag in the passengers seat. I connected my phone to Bluetooth and hit shuffle on my 'Lit' playlist. Then I drove myself to my new high school.

I arrived at the school and parked in the parking lot not to far away from the entrance because no one wants to walk a whole mile from your car to the gate. I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder. I got out of my car, locked it, and started walking to the entrance. A couple guys said a few things to me like "Damn nice car" and I thanked them.

When I walked in the gates I saw that there were 8 lines at a big table with signs that read, "Freshman A-M, Freshman N-Z, Sophomores A-M, Sophomores N-Z, Juniors A-M, Juniors N-Z, Senior A-M, Senior N-Z" I was guessing they went by last name so I got in the "Senior A-M" line.

When I got to the front of the line they asked for my name and last name. They took about two minutes looking through the papers, but couldn't find my name.

"You're not on here, are you new?", the girl asked.

I nodded my head.

"I think they haven't updated the new students on here you're going to have to go to the office and get your schedule there.", she told me and moved on to the next person.

I walked in the office, but there was no lady at the front. Then, a lady walked to the desk with a stack of papers and told me she'd be right back and walked out of the room. I stood there waiting and looking around the office when a door swings open and out walks a boy with dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, perfect eyebrows, and damn! that jawline.

He was starting me up and down and looked like he was going to beat me if I said anything. Then he walked out. Well damn, what's up his ass?

The lady came back and sat down at the desk, she put on her glasses, and looked up at me.

"Yes how may I help you?", she smiled.

Well she looks nice, not like the one at my old school who looked like she wanted to murder everyone.

"I'm new here. I just moved to Nebraska about a month ago and they told me they didn't have my schedule over there and they told me to come here.", I explained.

"Name?", she smiled.

"Adriana, Adriana Martin.", I told her.

She looked at her computer and started typing then she clicked her mouse a couple of times and a paper started printing. She got up to get the paper then she handed it to me.

"Here you go Adriana have a great day.", she smiled at me.

I smiled back and walked out the office. I looked at my schedule and looked at my classes.

First Period - Spanish - Mrs. Cruz
Second Period - AP Economics - Mr. Brown
Third Period - Art - Mr. Roberts
Fourth Period - Science - Mrs. Clem
Fifth Period - Math - Mr. Gonzalez
Sixth Period - Health - Ms. Richards
Seventh Period - AP English - Mr. Bartilo

Great, the class I hate the most is my first period. I mean I am half Mexican, my mom was a Latina and my dad is white so I'm half white and half Mexican. I understand it but I have a lot of trouble speaking, writing, and reading it.

I walked in the G building and looked for class G-4. I found it and I mentally high fived myself for not getting lost.

I walked in and there were already some students in their seats. I figured I could sit anywhere since it was the first day of school so I sat in the back.

I got on my phone to kill time and texted Giselle.

Adriana: Dude kill me now

Giselle: Why? What happened? Did you already get in trouble!?

Adriana: No, guess what class I have first :(

Giselle: Spanish!

Adriana: yes!

Giselle: aw poor baby

Adriana: 🖕🏼

The bell rang and I put my phone away and the teacher started talking.

"Buenos Dias yo soy Señora Cruz su maestra de la class de Español.", she said.

Well at least I could understand her well sort of.

"Esperó qué les gusta donde están sentados porque estos son los asientos que se van a sentarse para el año.", she said.

Lord Jesus help me.

———

The picture is her school outfit.