thirty three

Adriana's P.O.V

"What?", I laughed.

"I'm taking you to school.", he said as he focused on the road.

"You're joking."

"Im being deadass."

"It's Friday, technically you're still suspended. You can't be there."

"It's eight o'clock at night, technically you can't be there either.", he looked over at me for a second and then back at the road.

"If you were just going to take me to school, why did you tell me to wear a dress?", I asked him.

"Because you look cute in dresses.", he smiled but still focused on the road.

"Whatever.", I playfully rolled my eyes but he didn't see because he was driving.

I looked out of the window and listened to the music playing on the radio. We both didn't say a word to each other, but it wasn't awkward or anything. It was actually nice and comforting.

I notice the familiar street as we pulled in to our high school's parking lot, he really wasn't joking huh. The parking lot was empty and all the lights in the school were off, well I mean duh it is a Friday night.

Jack parked his car and turned off the radio. He turned off his car and looked over at me.

"Lets go.", he said as he opened the car door and got out. I did the same.

"Jack, why the hell did you bring me to the one place I have most?"

"I'll tell you as soon as we get in."

"What!", I furrowed my eyebrows together.

Get in? Is he saying that we're goin to break into the school? Is he crazy?

"Just trust me.", he held out his hand for me to grab.

I was hesitant at first but I ended up taking his hand and we walked over to the front of the administration office.

When we were standing in front of the administration office door, I looked around and saw that there was a passcode lock on the door. You know, the locks that don't unlock with a key but with a passcode.

Jack pressed a bunch of random numbers and the light went from red to green. Jack smiled and looked up at me.

He opened the door and motioned for me to walk in, "After you."

"Thank you.", I smiled at him as I walked in.

He walked in after me and closed the door behind him.

"Jack, what are we doing here?", I asked him because I was still very confused as to why he brought me to the school as our date.

He didn't answer me. Instead, he grabbed my hand and led me over to the waiting area in the office and sat me down on the chair.

He told me to stay put and he walked over to the principal's office. He opened the door and walked in. I was confused. What was this boy doing?

After a couple of seconds, he swung the principal's office door open and walked towards me. He stopped right in front of me and smiled.

"Hey."

"Hey?", I laughed.

Why was he acting so weird?

"You new here?", he asked.

"What?", I couldn't help but laugh.

"Stop laughing.", he said as he chuckled a little.