fourteen

Adriana's P.O.V

Skip to Monday

I woke up not wanting to go to school but I know I'll probably miss out on something important if I don't go. I got up from bed, did my morning routine, and got ready for school.

Since it was Monday I decided that I shouldn't try at all today so my outfit today consisted of leggings, a white v neck, and my Birkenstock's. I put my hair into a messy bun and applied some mascara.

I walked downstairs and saw that my dad had prepared me an omelet. He told me he didn't have to be at work till 10 so he was able to eat breakfast with me.

"So how does school feel without Giselle?", my dad asked eating a spoonful of his omelet.

"It's different but at least I made friends the first day and didn't embarrass myself.", I told him.

***

After I finished my omelet I put my dish in the sink, grabbed my phone and bag along with my keys.

"You dot want me to take you to school?", my dad asked.

"No thanks I'll drive myself.", I hugged him.

I said goodbye and walked out the door to my car. I got in my car, connected to Bluetooth to play some music, and drove myself to school. When I arrived in the school's parking lot I grabbed my stuff and got out. I locked my door and walked towards the school gates.

I still had a couple of minutes to spare before first period actually started so I went over to my friends at our table.

"Hey guys.", I sat down next to Kenny.

"Hey, we were just talking about you, why'd you leave the party so early.", Kenzie asked me.

I know they were my friends but I want going to tell them that I kissed Jack. They'd probably kill me.

"I wasn't feeling good.", I lied.

"Girl you weren't feeling good? I blacked out.", Kenzie laughed

***

The bell rang and we all walked different ways to our first periods. I walked into Spanish class and the first person I saw was Sam. When we made eye contact he immediately looked away and turned around to the girl he was talking to. Who knew that all it took to get Sam to stop bothering me was kick him in the balls.

After 55 long, boring minutes the bell finally rang which meant that Spanish was over. The same cycle happened for all the other period then I got to 4th period, my class with Jack.

I walked in and sat in my seat. I saw the seats fill up and everyone was here, everyone besides Jack. I looked around the room and saw Sam already in his seat. That's weird, usually Jack and Sam walk in together. The bell rang and Jack still wasn't here. I haven't seen him all day so maybe he didn't come to school today.

I haven't seen or talked to Jack ever since we had our little kiss. I mean I wasn't worried about him and it's not like I cared about him missing class. I told myself to stop thinking about him and focus on what the teacher was saying. Just as I shook him off my mind the door opened and there walked in Jack.

The teacher stopped what she was doing and shook her head at Jack for coming late and disrupting the class. Then she returned to what she was doing on the board.

Jack walked towards our group and when he saw me he rolled his eyes in annoyance. Well looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...again.

He sat down and for some odd reason I wanted him to talk to me.

"Hey."

He ignored me and was focused on what the teacher was saying but I knew he could hear me.

"Pst Jack."

Nothing.

"Hey."

"What the hell do you want!", he whispered at me harshly.

"Why are you so mad?", I furrowed my eyebrows together at how stupid he was acting.

"Leave me the hell alone!", he snapped at me and looked away.

I was a little taken back at his little outburst. Geez, what crawled up his ass and died?

The rest of the period Jack wouldn't say a word or look at me and when we made eye contact he would roll his eyes.

Why is he so mad? Is he mad at me? I hope he's not mad at me, I didn't even do anything to him. Wait, why do I care? You know what, I don't care if he's mad at me. I mean he shouldn't be because I didn't do anything to him.

The dismissal bell rang and I walked out of class. Honestly I want to know why Jack is mad. He's obviously mad at me because he's perfectly fine when he was with Jack and Sam then I walk in and his attitude changes to annoyed.

I know I shouldn't care but I do and it's really bothering me. I just really want to know what I did to make him so mad.

When I walked out the school gates my phone rang and it was a text from Giselle. I looked at my phone and wasn't paying attention and I bumped into someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry.", I said not knowing who it was.

"Watch where the hell you're going!", the familiar voice snapped at me.

I looked up and there I saw Jack with a clenched jaw. He rolled his eyes and walked away.

What an asshole.