E P I L O G U E

littlethingss11 writing 2014 / updated 2017

Every morning since I got the tattoo, I slip away from Louis' arms that are wrapped around me too tight, get up, walk to the bathroom and stare at the initials. NH, ZM, HS, LP. It's been three months. And I thought once they got me, it would be over and Louis and I would be safe. I was wrong. I wasn't free. I was anxious, but Louis more so. Ever since they caught us and I got the tattoo, Louis has been... awfully overprotective. I can't leave the house, he made me leave school, and I have to comply with everything he says. My angel lost his wings. He's a monster that tucks me in at night and says he loves me. I know he is simply afraid, but I have no longer become afraid of the gang, I am afraid of him. I don't have a life anymore. The life I do have consists of days upon days of uselessness and sex. And although the sex is consensual, I don't enjoy it. Louis isn't violent or hits me, in fact he is the opposite. He practically tries to wrap bubble wrap around me to make sure nothing can hurt me. He can't let me slip through his fingers. But there are days where I want to slip through them. To run. The only thing Louis has really done to help me was teach me how to drive. He said it would help in an emergency if I knew how to out run someone dangerous.

I leave the bathroom and make my way to the kitchen. I reach for a glass, and get a flashback of what happened the day the gang came for me. A wave of nerves hits me, but I continue to get my glass of water before sitting the couch. I turn on the TV to distract myself. My shakes start to ease as I sink further into the couch and watch the news. Something about a pet shelter is on. I drown myself out to it and just try and forget. But then I see it.

"BREAKING NEWS. Europe's most notorious gang has struck again, this time in London. In an attempt to rob the Bank of England, the dangerous group have taken hostage of anyone who was in the building at 7:30am this morning." The female news reporter informed. Instead of screaming, or shaking or breaking down, I am intrigued and I have no idea why. Images of Harry, Niall, Liam and Zayn appear, guns in hands, controlling the bank. Seeing them in such control, seeing them outside the mansion, something changes in me. I belong with them. I start running toward the bedroom. Beginning to throw clothes around the drawers to find something to wear quickly, I accidently wake Louis.

"Babe, what's going on? You look in a hurry." His morning voice sounds so innocent, and I almost back out of my decision. I pause, barely turning my head toward Louis.

"There is somewhere I realised I need to be." I say emotionlessly. I pick back up to my frantic pace and start changing into some fresh clothes as fast as possible.

"Where? What do you think you're doing, Alex?" Louis' concern increases, but his questions are just frustrating me.

"Just go back to bed okay, Louis?" I snap. I grab his keys and start heading out of the house. Before I make it out, Louis is hot on my tail.

"For the love of God Alex, what's gotten into you?" Louis' beginning to shout out me.

"Nothing, Louis! Just go back to bed and stop worrying about me!" I start raising my volume as well. I walk through the living room, not realising I left the TV on. Louis sees the heist and he puts the pieces together faster than I could imagine.

"No! Don't do this Alex! You are not allowed to leave this house! Are you insane?" Louis screams. I turn around to see him angrier and more concerned than ever.

"Possibly." I whisper. My eyes travel from Louis, to the robbery on TV, to the door, then back to Louis. Louis watches my every move. I take one step backward and he follows with one step toward me.

"Please don't do this. How could you go back to them? After everything they've done to you?" Louis has no control over his emotions at this point and continues to yell.