S E V E N T E E N

littlethingss11 writing 2014 / updated 2017

Though the numbness escalates throughout my body, I can feel the distant tears falling slowly from the edges of the eyes just like my life has fallen away from my grip. Lifeless as I lay, Ryder's hands seek venomously across my body without consent as my blood simmers with terrifying substances.

"Pretty. Little. Virgin. Why haven't they touched you yet? Someone as beautiful as you deserves to be touched, Red." Ryder's words infect me. They seem cliché as I have heard similar before, from the boys. Lying here, unable to do anything, I have had the thought; who really is the bad guy? I mean, all along I had this idea that Harry, Niall, Zayn, Liam and Louis were the bad guys, but maybe there is a reasonable doubt in my mind about it. Louis for one, has never hurt me, only helped me. And though the others have hurt me physically, the thought has crossed my mind... could the real bad guy be Ryder? It's obvious he is a bad guy, but does that change the other five boys?

"I'm glad the boys have kept you innocent... kept you waiting for me." Ryder's words make me sick and if my body weren't so drained right now, I would have my stomach turned up on the bed. Ryder slips his hand underneath my back and travels it up until the clip of my bra is unclasped and it is dragged to the floor. A hum of satisfaction leaves his lips as he examines me. I want to push him off, hell I want to kill him right now, but I just feel heavy and fighting the darkness. It was happening too quickly, though slow motion at the same time. By the time the past had caught up to the present, Ryder was shirtless and readying himself to take my virginity. Stars enter my eyes and I can feel myself blacking out, though my slight consciousness never leaves.

Louis' POV

As soon as we had received the message from Ryder that Alex was in trouble, the heist was forgotten as we rushed back to the mansion. We arrive and the party is still in full swing downstairs, as if nothing was wrong at all, although things had in fact turned completely on its head and now our Alex was in trouble at the hands of one of the most dangerous men in England. The five of us run up the stairs without one word of communication, only because we are all thinking the same thing, we had to save Alex. The plan was never supposed to end like this. It was suppose to end with Alex doing her job by keeping Ryder occupied while me and the other four boys heisted the money out of his house, which he stole from us previously in a heist for our last sex slave. It was stupid of us to leave her with him. It was inevitable that he wouldn't have fair play. After several attempts of banging the door down, Niall resorts to shooting a bullet through it and breaking the lock entirely. All five of us progress into the room to witness something we never thought would be possible. Alex is lying half bare on the bed, her eyes glazed over and rolling into the back of her head. Ryder stands in the corner of the room, knowing we were on our way.

"Ah! You made it to save the damsel in distress have we!" Ryder's words make me sick.

"GHB? Are you serious?" Niall barks at him.

"Where have you been boys? Really? While I was ready to fuck your little worker girl, huh? " There was Ryder's voice again.

"None of your business!" Harry jumps.

"You were heisting my house, weren't you?" Ryder's voice is calm.

"How would you know?" I ask on curiosity.

"It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Red was working for you to distract me from something you were doing," Ryder puts the clues together.

"Red?" Liam asks.

"Yes, the beautiful girl in the red dress, whose name was kept unknown to me." Ryder caresses her cheek in the midst and all five of us lunge forward in involuntary defense.

"Relax boys, relax." Ryder tries to calm us with his snake-like voice, but it just makes us angrier.

"Don't touch her!" Harry exclaims. The room falls silent.

"Too late," Ryder's words slice me straight through the chest. Harry is the angriest and throws the first punch. The chaos begins and I use Harry's distraction to seize Alex from the bed. Her body practically falls apart in my arms from her weak state. I can't believe Ryder would stoop so low as to drug her, not my Alex. I decide it would be easier to lay her on the couch, which is located to the left of the room while this shit goes down. Harry is still throwing punches while Niall and Zayn hold Ryder down as he takes the assaults. Liam follows me toward the couch to examine Alex's condition.

"She is still just conscious, but the drugs will be in her system for the next twelve hours or so," Liam concludes. I watch as her eyes slightly flutter and I know that she can see the violence occurring behind me.

"It's okay Alex, eyes on me," I try to calm her as fear strikes through her beautiful blue eyes. With my back turned, I can hear grunts coming from both Ryder and Harry as they fight on. Zayn and Niall are trying to contain them, but it's practically useless. To distract Alex from the abuse I caress her cheek and hair to relax her, though it may not make a difference with the GHB in her. I take a second to turn around to witness the damage, but I wish I hadn't. The room is destroyed, Harry is covered blood as Ryder managed to break free to assult him, but Ryder is not much different than Harry with his blood stained hands and as the fight continues on Liam is getting involved too. Niall is in the corner doing something, though I can't see what. I still have a close-to unconscious girl lying lifeless behind me. I turn around to see that Alex has shut her eyes once again and I have to double check her pulse is still beating, though it is. I feel like blocking my ears from the sound, with Harry, Zayn and Liam all fighting Ryder. The cruel violent sounds enter my ears and I want it to go away. It's sad because I'm a part of it when I never wanted to be.

BANG.

All noise ceases from a gunshot followed by a body hitting the floor. I know if I turn around to check who the bullet went through I might break, the way I did when my brother died the same way.

Building enough courage I turn around to see Niall holding the gun and my brother's murder with a bullet through his chest.

Though it isn't Ryder who has been shot.