O N E

littlethingss11 writing 2014 / updated 2017

Parents, you've got to hate them.

Being a fifteen year old teenage girl, you would think my mum would have the decency to pick me up from school, but sadly, no. My mother doesn't care about me. I have always been the kind of girl to keep to myself, not let things bother me. Perhaps my mother's not-so-pleasant personality caused me to pull away from her, and other people. I sort of like to be left alone. I enjoy peace. There is not a lot to aspire to in my life. I do okay in school, I have some friends, I have never had a boyfriend and I'm pretty average looking. Long, curly brown hair, blue eyes, and okay figure. Life's mediocre miracles.

I have been standing outside my high school for two and a half hours now and I am beyond angry, yet somehow not surprised. I would walk home, but it's a two-hour walk so at first I think it's pointless, though then I realize my mum was probably too hazed from drinking her third bottle of wine this afternoon to remember.

I am scrolling through my old messages on my phone and listening to some music when I get a tap on the shoulder. I take a moment to look up and to my surprise, see a young and handsome man. My guess is he is in his early 20's. His styled black hair, brown eyes and lean figure complement his handsome complexion.

"Hello darling, what are you doing out here all alone?" The mysterious man asks me.

"Nothing," I cover my rapid thoughts with two syllables, a little worried by the statement of which he had just made me aware. My eyes scan quickly as my adrenaline begins to spike in my veins realising I am out here all alone and defenceless.

"Really? What is a beautiful girl like you doing out here all alone, while the sun is almost setting." His voice laced through my ears, running chills down my spine.

"Flattering, but I'm actually just waiting to be picked up from school."

"Almost 3 hours after school finishes?" he questions.

"Uh yeah, my mother isn't the most reliable of parents... or caring for that matter." I mutter the last part.

"You wish you could get away from her, don't you?" His voice is now deep and compelling. I feel entranced to know more as my eyes travel slowly from the concrete beneath my feet to across my shoulder to the voice. I give him a small nod, curiosity and desire flooding my eyes.

"It's your lucky day, sweet girl. I can give you that plus so much more," my eyes widen as if to let him in, "there is only one catch." With that, the man threw his arms around me from behind. I struggle in his grip and try to scream, but it all comes out as muffled sounds as he has covered my mouth. I soon start to kick and thrash my body around, trying to break free, but to no avail. A chemical covered cloth covers my mouth and with panicked heaving I was pulled into the darkness.