E L E V E N

littlethingss11 writing 2014 / updated 2017

Tomorrow is my birthday and I can feel the clock mocking me as I watch the hands tick by. It has been three weeks in this dollhouse and I swear I am starting to lose my mind. I've been locked in my room for days at a time with nothing. I've been staring at the scars running up and down my arms. I've been dealing with the mess in my head. I've been concluding that I am not going to let them break me again.

I am finally let out by one of the maids around this damned place and she gives me a note and I read it curiously.

Dear Alex,

Being your birthday tomorrow, we want you to look your best. So, today you will go to Alicia to have work done. Enjoy your last day of freedom.

Sincerely, your Masters.

I crumple the sick note in-between my fingers and let the stale oxygen rush out of my lungs as I scream in annoyance, letting my soulless voice echo throughout the emptiness. How could they think I was in freedom right now? And how is it possible to have work done? My tan is still unfortunately there and so is my dyed hair, which is barely faded with its vibrant colour still clearly visual. Against my will, I head down toward where I would find Alicia. I knock quietly before the blonde haired beauty greets me quietly.

"Take a seat," She mumbles. She doesn't seem to be in the best of moods. "So... today I will do up your hair, wax you again and... something else, but we will get there later," Alicia seemed flustered, pulling her fingers through her perfect hair. She starts her work with the very painful waxing; I wince with every tear of the material. My dyed hair is styled into a beautiful curled side style and my face is dolled with makeup. Toy-like.

"There is one last thing we have to do. Come with me," She says. Throughout my curiousness, I follow her into a room I had not first noticed when I was here in the beginning. To my shock, it seemed to be a tattoo studio.

"What's going on?" I question with a shy voice, panic rising in my chest.

"Everyone owned by the boys have to be initiated into the house. You have to be recognized that you are owned by them, and only them," Alicia makes her way around the room, collecting stencils and a tattoo gun.

"So you are saying that I have to get a tattoo?" I feel weakness strike through me as tears brim at my eyes. I push them away as quickly as possible.

"Yes, I'm so sorry Alex, but the masters said if you don't comply, I will have to get them to put you in line," She explains solemnly. There is no way I am getting a tattoo. I swore to myself I never would and I'm not breaking that now.

"Just tell me, what do I have to get done?" I query nervously. Without a verbal response, Alicia lifts her top to just above her stomach, revealing a set of tattoos strung across from her left hip bone to her right. The most shocking part was the actual tattoos; it was of theirs initials. NH, ZM, HS, LT, LP.

I gasp in horror and fall back in shock, only to be caught by the wall behind me. I slide down it in fear. I do notice that on the initial ZM, the 'Z' is wobbly and scribbled until it crosses and ruins the tattoo by a large scar.

"What happened there?" I find my voice and point to where my thoughts have been leading me.

"Oh, the wrecked 'Z', huh?" She sighs.

"Yeah," I acknowledge.

"Well, when I was having mine done, I was fighting against them, which only lead to the tattoo gun slipping and running into my stomach, see?" She points toward a prominent scar where the accidental stroke ends on her stomach.

"So please Alex, don't fight me... it just makes everything harder if you do," Alicia pleads with me.

"No, no, no, no, no! Please! I beg of you! Please don't do this! I can't do this!" My body shuts down into panic mode and I tuck myself away in the corner trying to run from my fate.

"Please Alex, just sit in the chair, it will be over before you kno-"

"No! I won't let them tattoo me just because they think they own me!" I jump up and bolt toward the door, ignoring the shocked Alicia in the progress. I run out of the room and down the stairs, which I have come accustomed to in the three weeks I have been concealed here. Behind me, I can hear faint voices shouting to each other, which I believe is Alicia and the boys.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Niall's voice booms around the corridors.

"She just ran for it when I told her about the tattoo!" Alicia shouts equally as loud back to him. Harry's voice follows.

"I left the door open bringing weapons inside so she has probably already made a run for it by now. Niall, Louis, Liam and I will grab the cars and search for her out there, Zayn you stay and watch the security cameras to see if she turns up, got it?" Harry instructs in frustration and adrenaline spikes in my veins as I run to the door.

With this, I start to push my legs as fast as they will go and through the open door. I run outside with the intention of running forever, but I freeze. With a one second decision, I hide around the side of the mansion. Watching four expensive cars leave, I stay hidden, a slight smile creeping upon my face in astonishment.

Look who is in charge now, I think to myself as my masters send themselves on a wild goose chase to find me.