S I X

littlethingss11 writing 2014 / updated 2017

I wake up, but I am no longer in that horrible basement, in fact I am tucked into my comfortable bed, like none of those whippings happened at all. Perhaps it was all a dream? I leave the cosy bed to dash for the bathroom mirror, in hopes I won't find any evidence of the whippings, but of course my trail of thought is stopped. There are streaks ranging from my chest to my hips from Niall's aim. I eventually take my shirt off fully to reveal all of the damage in full view. I look into the mirror and I barely recognise the girl looking back. I feel my own sympathy bouncing between my reflection and myself. A few tears escape my eyes because this is the reality I have to live in now, and I only have two and a half weeks until my sixteenth birthday until it gets worse. I'm already breaking now. What more could they do?

I wipe my tears and stare at the girl standing in front of me in the mirror, though my gaze is diverted when I see Louis in the doorway behind me, observing my scars.

"Come with me," He says emotionlessly before turning around and walking out of my room. I throw my shirt back on and follow him, scared of what will happen to me next. We eventually arrive at a spa room. I can see showers, saunas and spas. Louis leads me to one of the expensive looking showers. Louis turns on the water and then faces me. His hands travel up my sides until he reaches the hem of my shirt before lifting it up slightly. I stop him quickly.

"What are you doing?" I ask anxiously.

"I want your scars to heal," Louis travels his hand under my shirt, streaking them across my wounds and I wince under the painful contact. My shirt eventually comes off and he reaches for my bra.

"Please don't." I beg him not to see me this way.

"I'm sorry darling, but I promise this will help. If you don't you will be punished." Louis looks into my eyes sternly, though I can see the sincerity behind them.

My bra comes off, along with my shorts and underwear. I feel exposed and self-conscious. I hate my body, I have never been very proud of my figure or the way I look, so under Louis' gaze I want to run away and hide because of how ashamed I am.

"Step in," Louis orders. I do as I'm told, only to whimper as the hot water burns my damaged skin. Tears escape my eyes as the pain becomes unbearable. I am trying to escape the pain as my whimpers and screams echo around the room. It is only when Louis wraps his arms around my waist lightly, that the pain starts to subside. He is protecting my injuries and shushing me sweetly in my ear, muttering romantic gestures like "you're beautiful," and "don't cry," in fact, him touching my isn't sexual or romantic, Louis is just protecting me and easing my pain, just like he said he would.

The water somehow only falls on me and not Louis, who is still relaxing my screams and pain. After a while the water starts to ease off the pain on my scars, Louis was right; he does want my scars to heal, but sweet Louis doesn't last long.

"Just two and a half weeks, angel," Louis mumbled evilly in my ear before leaving me to get dressed. I am still curious, but terrified of what I will become after I turn sixteen.