F O U R T E E N

littlethingss11 writing 2014 / updated 2017

"Sweet little Alex, there is nowhere to run or hide anymore." He sneers as he approaches my limp body. A whimper escapes my lips as he gathers my legs and throws me over his shoulder like every other time. I don't hack at his back, or scream or kick because the pain from the punches he threw in the basement are exploring my body and it's now escalating in intensity. I am aching. We ascend the stairs and I know we are close to the horrid room where the tattoo will be done.

"Oi, Styles!" I hear Louis call from down the hall.

"What is it, mate? I have to get this shit done," Harry replies.

"C'mon, you know what it's about," Louis says. My thoughts scramble as I am dropped swiftly onto the marble tiles. Gasping in pain, my hand clutches to my head as it took the worst of the fall. I cry out in more pain.

"Hurry up bitch, it's important," Harry grumbles from above me and I attempt to scramble to my feet but fail completely because of my abused state. Louis unbelievably is at my side and helps me walk while Harry's glare toward Louis could kill.

"W-what's going on?" I question weakly, my whole body giving up on me.

"You'll find out soon enough," Louis says. I do happen I catch a glimpse of something with him. As if he were on edge or something. I brush past it and follow, limping, the two boys out toward the room. It had couches, a television and money written all over it. It is a room I rarely see because of how often they lock me in my room for long amounts of time over my three weeks here. Once we arrive, all five of my masters have taken a seat on the modern looking couch and me, not wanting to be anywhere near them, push away Louis so I can stand in the corner, but I end of falling to the floor slowly against the cold wall, my legs not having the strength to stand.

"He will be here tomorrow night," Niall explains. I am beyond tempted to ask the stupid questions like 'who?' and 'why?' but I resist in my exhaustion.

"I thought he wasn't coming until next month?" Zayn questions.

"Yeah well there's nothing we can about it now," Niall retaliates.

"You know we need to do it tomorrow," Harry says.

"Yeah, we know... but how?" Louis speaks.

"We need a distraction, the party won't be enough," Harry ponders.

"A distraction, huh?" An evil smile snakes its way onto Liam's face as he stakes toward me, still standing alone in the corner, overhearing the whole conversation.

"What do you mean? What for?" The stupid questions finally slur from my mouth as Liam gets me involved.

"Yeah, that's perfect Payno, she'll be the distraction," Harry practically beams whilst completely ignoring me.

"What's going on?" I yell in desperation, incredibly pissed and desperate by being ignored when they are talking about me. My hand flies to my cheek right after Liam does. I continued to clutch that side of my face as I stared back who slapped me. "I thought you learnt not to talk back, baby girl?" I sighed and curled back into the floor.

"We need to get the place set up for the party. Harry, you tell the maids what's going on. Niall: the cooks. Zayn start planning it. Liam take Alex to her room," Louis sets out the chores and the boys swiftly leave the room, leaving only Liam and I remaining.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way..." Liam starts. I almost whimper at the thought of repeating the violence from a few minutes ago.

"I'm taking that as the hard wa-"

"No! Easy way is fine!" I jump at his rash actions.

"Let's go then," he says and oddly, he takes my hand, intertwining our fingers. He pulls me lightly toward my room and it starts to hit me of how tired I am. Suddenly, Harry's abuse comes back to haunt me even harder than before and it feels like I have been hit by a train of exhaustion. I collapse at the knees.

"Alex!" Liam's voice rings through my ears and he pushes my limp body onto my back. "Alex, just... just close your eyes," Liam says peacefully knowing that I'm okay, it's just from the abuse and exhaustion. Another thought passes through me, that it is about 2 in the morning and every last drop of my energy has disintegrated. Instead of being violently flung over his shoulder, I am softly scooped up and carried bridle style to my room, his back and forth actions completely confusing me.

"Please Sir, please tell me what's going on. Why am I a distraction? What am I a distraction for?" Words tumble quietly in whispers and Liam huffs slightly before placing me on my bed. He takes a seat nearby and places his elbows on his knees, ready to talk.

"It's better if you don't know what it's for, but your job is simple." He explains and I nod in recognition that I'm listening. "Tomorrow night, a very important man is coming to the mansion. He is very dangerous and a lot of money is involved between him and us. The boys and I need to do something while he is here for his annual business visit, which involves us throwing a bit of a party." Liam explains and I listen intently.

"Who is he?" I ask.

"He is known as Ryder," The name almost shudders through Liam.

"What do I have to do at the party?" I completely ignore the dangerous activities that the boys could be up to, but at this point I don't have much choice but to help them with whatever it is they need me to do.

"Your job, is to keep Ryder occupied as we do our bit," Liam explains hesitantly.

"Occupied how?" I am hesitant of his answer.

"... Seduce him," I was right to fear his response.

"What?" Liam knew I heard him; I just needed some kind of explanation.

"Alicia will dress you up so you will be the star of the night, it is quite a formal event so when Ryder arrives, he will spot you. All you have to do is talk to him, if he asks you to dance, you dance, if he kisses you, you kiss back, if he drags you upstairs... well, we will tell you more about that tomorrow because babe, we don't like to share..." Liam trails off at the obvious thought and I shudder.

"How dangerous is he really?" I divert the unfolding conversation.

"How about this, if you reject him in anyway, even if it's just to dance, a bullet will go through your head." Liam's voice is curt. I can't help but choke as he tells me how deep they have dragged me into their disaster. "Go to sleep Alex. And please, for the love of God... stick to the fucking plan. Because if you don't, the bullet won't come from his gun." Liam concludes and leaves me in the depths of my room, my mind racing and my soul bracing itself for the hell coming tomorrow.