Chapter 9: -Clockwise Counter-

Andrew's fingers rattle as he absorbs another lethal blow from the giant and swift legs of dawn against his trusty blade. Losing little momentum it's parcening kick tears through the wall just behind him turning it into rubble on impact. Having been forced to block multiple blows of the same destructive force put behind them Andrew has had no choice except to put all his strength into defending from the Nova. He had landed blows on it in the beginning but soon discovered that it was leaving little to no effect. 

Being pushed up against another wall and Dawn closing in through the hall like a speeding bullet train he gritted his teeth as he was left with little choice but to spend some of his energy on a hit and run move he had.

Thanking the gods that he was within a small space only for this he clenched onto his blade tight pouring into it a good amount of his energy widening the reach of his blade. Like a fan, he swung it across flat facing forward releasing with it the condensed energy and causing a powerful gust like a shockwave blowing through the halls like a hurricane and sending Dawn staggering back somewhat.

Like an explosion without an ignition, Dawn latched onto the floor with blades on its hind legs until the violent gust subsided. In that time, Andrew had already made himself scares by zipping for the stairs to the next floor up. Already through the door and up three flights he keeps this pace until he hears it. A long and flat pitched humming sound. From earlier experience this strange hum sends alarm bells ringing through his skull.

Skidding to a halt and sending his knight's armour to its absolute limit his body could allow he used his mental compass to guess where he last saw Dawn to then put his sword between him and it.

He wanted to move, to keep running but he could not risk accidently crossing into what was likely coming. Not after what almost happened earlier. He wanted to pant heavily, to catch his breath but for this moment, he had to discipline himself against it as to better hear where it was coming from.

There was also something he wanted to confirm. 

It was then that he felt the bottom of his right feet heat up suddenly. Jumping back in shock he saw the metal glowing red hot and super focused laser passing through the foundation of the staircase.

Now knowing where the threat is he continues his ascent through the satires. His right shoe now burning from his close shave of being pierced though he makes his way up the next flight of steps. He noticed that the beam was cutting through the steps as it came towards him.

Slipping past it by a skin he keeps running up the stairwell as the laser homed in on his location and cut through the bannisters and steps to catch him. As nimble as he was its mix up and cutting corners was starting to catch him. Feeling that he risked the stairwell long enough he darted for the next available exit kicking open the door in the prosses.

Landing in the hall he ran down the other side before tumbling to the floor in a slump. Finally, able brave easy his head nodded in rhythm to his lungs quenching its thirst for air. In this window of calm, he looks to the other end of the hall to see what floor he was now on.

"'G4'" He read out to himself.

Only four more below ground level. This was both a blessing and a curse given his current circumstance. It felt like nothing he did seem to scratch it. He was running out of ideas and places to run. With his last try on the stairwell, he confirmed that it can see through walls much like Natalie can.

"So hiding is out of the question? Fantastic," Andrew spat sarcastically in-between breaths.

It was safe to say that the odds were stacked against him.