Chapter 11 Respite & Ultimatum

Andrew and Natalie see what could only be explained as black void like rift open itself over the heavens. As if it torn open the very sky itself all rain stopped falling, rain clouds being replaced with a starless black ink. The sight of this unnatural sky sent shivers down Andrew's spine. Natalie freezes at the very sight of her storm clouds being covered over by something so sinister and alien.

Within this blackness descends a man wearing a pure white cut robe with red and cream fringe patterns. Great wings like crows stretched forth on his shoulders and he harboured the same purple coloured eyes as Natalie. Looking down at her she gets the same chill she felt from inside the base.  

That feeling of being looked though.

He smirks a stone-faced smile, much the same as he did back in the base making the hairs on her neck stand.

Landing on top the nova they could make out his more fine features, the serious but sinister face gave off the look of someone in their early thirties. 

Eyes that feel like they read your mind, condescending but playful, like one a twisted child would have when they have dark plans for an ant farm. Seeing that he had left them speechless he chuckles to himself ever so slightly allowing his gaze to wander around to Dawn below him.

With his piercing gaze off of him, Andrew's mind was able to function again.

What just happened to the sky? Who the hell is this guy? The only two questions his mind could whisper. For fear of being overheard.

As if catching wind of it Epimetheus turned around to look back at him.

"I opened a doorway in the sky swallowing all in its path, can't have B67 kill my steed." He said glanced over to Natalie. "I am Epimetheus, second in command of what my steed called: -The Seven Stars of Halo.-"

Andrew's eyes widen to these words.

Can he read my mind? Andrew's mind wondered.

Dismissing his words as coincidence he readjusted his focus. Noticing that he does not have a sword on him a daring thought crossed his mind. Like in his training, he masked his intent perfectly. However, Epimetheus just shook his head in disapproval.

"Don't be rash. I just came to confirm something," He said looking Andrew in the eye.

Knowing what this meant he takes a step back. His exposed mind racing out of control.

"You freak! How are you doing that?!" Andrew shouted as he got in a defensive stance.

Natalie reading between the lines knew what Andrew was freaking out about. Since coming out of the cave after experiencing it herself she has heard the whispering of voices in her mind besides her which was likely Andrew's. 

More daunting than that another question popped to mind. Suppressing it for fear that he too will pick up on it she stands there also on a defensive.

Epimetheus, however, looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"The power of knight's armour is fascinating. An internal power amplified by the use of weapons and tools, conduits to draw elemental energy from the planet itself and make it our own. 

Its will to protect us is our own but still it does so in ways even we have yet discovered. Like a barrier to the mind for example. The stronger ones armour the stronger the seal. You being fresh out of energy has made you more vulnerable than you realise," Epimetheus finished, tapping his temple with index and middle finger.