Chapter 30: Her angel of death

The next stop took the two of them deeper into the city centre, bringing them closer to the looming and breathtaking skyscrapers. Among the reflective sky pillars stood one round cone building with a giant disk like plaza at the very top floor. Taking the elevator up to very top they were greeted firstly by the smell of fried potatoes and well-grilled meat.

Spriiko's mouth now watery to the aroma of well-done French fries and burger blinked at May in disbelief. May seeing his reaction nodded her head which Spriiko pumped his fist to in triumph.

"I figured you'd like to come here," May said.

"Well, you've got me patterned down." He smirked cheerfully; he was suddenly distracted by the great view of the cityscape from the three stories high window. Drawn to its splendour Spriiko was about to wonder off towards it until he was halted by May.

"You can't enter the guest hall with a weapon," she said.

"And why's that?"

"It keeps the 'fights' to a minimum, more importantly, this is a place where the richest of clients can meet with the shadiest of hunters and negotiate on somewhat equal terms. Some of the world's most important people and planes are discussed here, and given how prominent hunters are to the economy's cycle they are willing to open up their doors to even the most suspect ones."

"Even the most corrupted of people have profitable talents," Spriiko mumbled to himself. "So then what happens if negotiations break down and things get hairy?"

"This city is primarily the dragons; this tower, however, is endorsed by them. It is a vouch of trust to the dragons. This means that the security in here is no joke. All things that happen here are not just their businesses but their responsibility of trust to their backers. If things did turn south then this place goes into full lockdown, and the top six members of our organisation will have to drop everything to reach the tower and apprehend the trouble makers, that or worse."

"The Talons come here?!" Spriiko said in shock.

It was then that his gut rumbled. May hearing this and seeing Spriiko being totally distracted by his tummy sighed the subject matter aside with a shake of her head.

"More to the point, let's drop our weapon's at the reception desk and head in,"

"Yeah let's," Spriiko mumbled drearily.

"I've saved a lot of credit from my missions so the bill is on me."

Dropping their weapons at the desk they booked a table to sit at, however with Spriiko's new arm setting off the alarm system multiple times and outright embarrassing May it took them another twenty minutes to convince the host to let them in only on the fact that they are direct members of the dragons.

With them famished and tired from all the convincing and explaining they sit at their table like two people who had just migrated the desert. With Spriiko's apatite being all but existent until now this drained him the most. With his face flat on the table, he was too weak to move.

"May?" Spriiko said, his voice muffled by the lavish marble black table.

"I know," she said in a low mumble as she called over a waiter.

With their food served Spriiko recovers his stamina whilst taking in the layout of the room, they were in. The room itself was huge with a three story high ceiling. Each story holding a balcony for the guests residing there.

He watched as the super-rich and important look onwards at the now huge building windows turned movie screens. Once in a while looking down at the lesser folk. Finding the onlookers somewhat annoying Spriiko was more than pleased to have his burger and chips at hand.