Chapter 14: The last grape

20th/7th/2764, 5:24PM

"Natalie. Can we finally talk about this?" Andrew said in a drawn-out tone. 

They both found themselves sitting on a long stool in front of the bar in Zannidue. The place was a bustle with a few traveling knights seeking jobs on the mission board and locales getting themselves wasted after their trading escorts to talk politics. 

The creaking of dry wood flooring sounded as bartenders move around cleaning and attending tables. Having made it to the small town the duo restocked on water, food and other supplies. All the whilst Andrew has been trying to grab Natalie's attention who was making a great effort not to give him. Now with the provisions replenished she averted herself back to looking at the map, trying to piece the puzzle that been in her head for days now.

Andrew just drops his head on the bar table whilst giving Natalie and the map the evils. He was tempted to pull it off her as a prank but thought against it. He was not really sure what she was trying to figure out but he knew that whatever it was must be important and related to the -Seven Stars of Halo-

He would ask if he could help in any way but he knew that he would only get in the way. In terms of reading Natalie's skill far outclasses him. Just as well since he only really learned to use the sword from his father what little he learned in terms of reading was from Natalie's parents.

He could sense a brewing pot of worry radiating off her the longer she looked at the map. So the least he could do is open up other avenues. Whitch was where the army idea came from.

"Why don't you want to give an answer to my suggestion?" he continued calling out her blatant act of ignorance.

"I was hoping that if you were somehow joking that you would have dropped it by now." She sighs, her finger running along places of interest on the map.

Andrew just looked at her with a frustrated glare before looking away from her displeased with her answer.

"Well, you could have said that sooner, saved me some breath." He mumbles the last sentence to himself.

"What made you think that any unit of people would want to follow us?"

Andrew looking away frustratingly scratches his locks and rolls his eyes at her response. He continues this mockingly as she continues talking.

"Did you think anyone older than us would want to be our peers? The last I checked they are too busy lining their own pockets to do charity work."

"Bartender, can I have two shots of your strongest drink? Think I'm going to need it." Andrew scarcely said whilst giving Natalie a cheeky grin.

Natalie knowing that he does not drink shook her head at his bad stab at pointing her behavior out before looking back at the map.

"Well, you know what I mean." She calmly said.

"I know, I am being serious, though. Just blowing steam out my ass while doing so. Cant a guy dream?" he rests his chin on his arms as he ponders.

"There are seven of them like him hiding under some godforsaken rock. They likely have seven Novas' that is controlled by seven pilots that work under these -Stars of halo-. Seven, seven, seven. Think that means something?" he picked up to see her reaction.

"Could be over thinking this..." Natalie said. Her eyes now more drawn to the map. Her circles darkened with concern.

Seeing how engrossed she was with the map Andrew let the subject go as to make sure that he does not break her trail of focuses.