Chapter 15: Passionate intrigue

"You saying this is the last soda?" the silver haired man said. "That's too bad, sorry kid but I'm not selling."

Andrew sighs disappointedly whilst scratching the back of his scalp. Natalie now finding it hard to pick apart his bluffs from the honesty watched on passively.

"You look like you would much prefer a grown man drink over some soft one." Andrew continued trying.  

The man laughed heavily from his very core, his voice booming around the room.

"What's wrong with drinking soda?" he finely spoke up.

"Nothing! It's just I had plans for that." He said plainly, his voice sounds almost convinced that the drink was his property.

"You really want this drink that bad?"

Honestly, even I had no idea. Natalie though to herself as she looked on in disbelief.

"I'm sure we can find some form of middle ground," Andrew said, hoping to reach an agreement.

"Fight me." The man said. "A first to three friendlies. Whoever wins gets there wished for drink."

Andrew paused, Natalie feeling the strange arura willowing from this man and woman.

"Are you for real?" Andrew questioned.

"I'll stake my will as a knight on it." 

"On a can of soda..."

"Common where's that sense of passion? I want to see how far you are willing to go for something you care about."

Andrew could sense the under tones of a test of character under his breath. He glances over to see the young women looking over her shoulder to him clearly amused by his presence. There was no blatant evidence but even he was certain that they knew more about him than they he did them.

He was not going to back out now...

"Since you put it that way what choice do I have?" Andrew grinned.

"Now we are talking." He replied shearing an equally determined smile.

"Just don't blame it on small stakes when you lose."

With them words Andrew and the young man head on towards the bar exit to have their bout. By this point Natalie had rolled her eyes at his stupid actions as she went back to her map being damn sure to express little concern for his safety. Going over the memories of what she thought she picked up from the dying armed unit she first discovered her mind reading powers on.

"I'm stepping out for a sec to get me that drink," Andrew said.

Natalie did not want to show it but she was a little angry with him. She was hoping that getting smacked around a little by this young man may teach him a lesson. She turned around to meet her angered eyes with his but the swell dissipates when she sees his steely expression looking onwards to the exit. Flynn had already made his way out and waited out in the desert heat for him.

She could sense it off Andrew's expression. Like he was using this a spring board to prep himself for whatever death trap she may lead him to next. Because no matter how she sliced it her journeys and there risk to rewards are far greater than what he is currently trifling with.

Shaded with guilt, she looks back before his eyes could meet hers and resumes the analysing of the map.

"Ok." She replied weakly.

Andrew sensing some sort of trouble in her tone looked back at her and the map.

"I'm sure you will crack their next hideout soon enough so try to not look so gloomy," Andrew said cheerfully.