Chapter 44: The lone shade

Something felt off, at least that's how Andrew would explain it when he woke up this morning. Feeling refreshed and a little at odds he sits up from his bed as he found himself pondering intensely on the strange clash of emotions that swirled within his gut. He would have normally ignored such trivial sensations and move on but something about this one kept urging his brain to really sit there and think.

Just what was it that he was forgetting? Although his mind had no clue what or where he got such a question from his heart still resonated throughout his body and it was getting harder to ignore.

Could it be some dream that I've now forgotten? His mind mumbled.

His body seems to have agreed since he felt it heat up in urgency somewhat. Not sure what to do with this vigour of adrenaline he clenched the sheets before whispering to himself to calm down.

He was getting worked up but over what? As he pushes himself to remember the night before he recalls a strange dream where he was talking to Natalie. At the very least he's sure a part of it was a dream.

As he tried to recollect the events his door swings open by Zoey entering the room.

"You're awake!" she said with glee.

"How long have I been out for?" he asked. His voice groggy from sleep.

"You've been out for ages," Zoey said as she locked her fingers behind her back and grinned cheerfully.

"Very helpful, thanks," Andrew replied. His eyes narrowed; unamused by the lack of accuracy her comment gave him.

Zoey not picking up at all on this just smiled from ear to ear pleased in believing that she helped her brother.

"Mum's made breakfast," she picked up.

Nodding in understanding as to what that meant Andrew smiled at his sister.

"Then, I'll be down in a sec," he said.

Hearing this Zoey made heast out into the hall and down the steps whilst Andrew sighed as to calm himself before starting the day. Looking over to where Flynn was sleeping however his eyes narrowed.

"Hang on, did Flynn ever come back to bed?"

~#~

Getting his now clean set of clothes on Andrew exits the room. Finding himself stopping suddenly in the hallway however he looks upon the girl's bedroom door. Having vaguely remembered that Natalie came to visit him last night he felt compelled to talk to her.

Knocking on the wooden door however he found to his surprise that there came no response. Scratching the back of his locks to this he quickly surmised that the girls were both already downstairs.

Making his way down the steps and into the kitchen, however, this guess became apparently incorrect as only his mother and sister were sitting at the table eating. A splitting headache began to rear itself as he was trying to piece together just where could the others be.

Now taking the odd dream on more as an omen his heart began to race as unthinkable thoughts began to run through his head.

"-ndrew!" Trisha calls out pulling him out of his trance. "Why are you standing there all spaced out for? Hurry up and take a seat."

Andrew slowly nodes as he further itches the back of his scalp in a pondering limbo. As he sits down he looks upon his fry up of scramble egg salad and toast whilst lost in thought before he pushes his doubts aside to begin taking spoon falls of his breakfast.