Chapter Fifteen: Spy

Ryu found that Chi had already defeated the other two men and had been watching Ryu's fight all along. When he heard this, Ryu was surprised he hadn't been able to sense her presence anywhere, but he assumed he couldn't do to him being so into the fight.

Chi bandaged Ryu's eye and, to Ryu's surprise, gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and congratulated him. He was red and caught by surprised, but quickly snapped out of it when he remembered Cal was still in their presence.

"If you guys are gonna do that, at least get a room," Cal said, anger still lingering in his voice.

"Shut up," Ryu said back. He resumed to lead the way back to the village. "And just because I can only see out of one eye doesn't mean I'm gonna miss when you try to run away."

"Alright kid."

When they arrived at the village, the process of rebuilding had almost completed. They were met at the gate by the Hokage and Yuu.

"We're back!" Chi screamed as they approached the two men. "And we captured one of the thugs from the forest. We thought we could interrogate him and get more information."

"Well done you two," Mitsuo congratulated them as a ninja came to take Cal away. "Sadly, we have found out something quite bad, yes we have."

"What're you talking about?" Ryu asked.

"It turns out we had a spy within our midst," Yuu explained. "The spy had been feeding information to the enemy about our actions and missions, which is why we've ambushed so many times. I can't believe it was someone so close to us though."

"No way!" Chi exclaimed in shock. "Who was the spy? Do we know them?"

Mitsuo nodded. "You know her quite well, Chi. After all, she is the one who trained you."

Chi's eyes widened in realization. "She? You couldn't possible mean . . . no. It couldn't be . . . Cindy!?"