Chapter Sixteen: Seperation

The two were filled in with Cindy's horrid memories of mishaps with Hidden Leaf ninjas, how a group had attacked from the village had attacked her town and killed her whole town, only leaving her alone. Those people then went on to kidnap her and take her back to their lair. They had told her that all Hidden Leaf Ninja were that way, and that they were doing this in the name of the Hokage. When she finally escaped from them, she had vowed to bring about the downfall of the Hidden Leaf Village, no matter what the cost.

     "She has been feeding information to the enemy for the past several months right under our noses," Yuu said. Then he turned to Mitsuo. "If you knew all this, why didn't she ever try to take your life? She had several opportunities, seeing as how she's one of your personal bodyguards."

     "Oh, but she has," Mitsuo said with a light chuckle. "But never directly. I always had my guard up around her, and when she saw this, she began trying to attack me indirectly, such as through poisoning and traps."

     "Why did you never do anything then?" Ryu asked. "You could've easily taken her in battle and locked her away somewhere."

     Mitsuo shook his head. "That wouldn't have solved the whole problem though. I assumed that if she was exposed more to the Hidden Leaf Village, her feelings might begin to change and she would begin to see that all Ninja aren't the way she saw, but that there is good-hearted ones, like you, Chi."

     "What're our next move now?" Chi asked, a tear beginning to fall down her cheeks yet trying to hide it.

     "We're going to split you guys up," Yuu spoke. "Ryu, we're going to have you attempt to infiltrate the Village Hidden in the Storm and find out as much information as you can about them and their Hokage if they have one. We have sent seven ANBU members on this mission alone, and none of them have yet to return."

     "And what makes you think I'm gonna be able to  accomplish this mission?" Ryu said, confused.

     "Because you're you," Mitsuo said with a smile. "Now Chi. Because of your balanced skill level, we're going to have you help us keep some attacking Storm Ninja away from our forests. They keep sending waves after waves of men, hoping to penetrate through the forest and get a path to us. We want you to go and stop their advance and keep them back. Do you two understand?"

     Ryu and Chi nodded simultaneously. 

     "Good, because both of your missions are crucial," Yuu pointed out. "We're putting our future in the hands of teenagers, but you guys aren't normal teenagers, and for that we are thankful. You should both already know where you're going You may leave now. Good luck to the both of you."

     Before Ryu could take off toward the whereabouts of the Hidden Storm Village, he was stopped by Chi. She looked at him dead in the eyes, which were full of fear at this point. She placed her hands on his shoulders and said, "You better come back alive."

     "That's my line," Ryu said.

     She leaned forward and gave him a  kiss on his left cheek before heading off. "Don't disappear on me now, or I won't have anyone to marry!"

     Ryu laughed. "Same here."