Chapter Six: Amaterasu!

Ryu and the dummy stood still, looking at each other and battling with their eyes. When the smoke disappeared, they both began making hand seals simultaneously and finally stopped at the same time.

     They both then released fireballs from their mouths that cancelled each other out with an explosion. Ryu took hold of his sword and threw it at the dummy, and at the same time creating a water clone behind the dummy. When the dummy dodged the sword, the clone caught it from behind and stabbed it into the dummy, and holding it down in one place.

     The real Ryu, now having a target that was unable to move, drew three Kunai with explosive tags attached to them and threw them at the dummy. Each hit the dummy perfectly, one on the head, neck, and chest. Ryu's clone jumped back and fired a fireball at the dummy.

     The fireball hit the dummy and, along with the explosive tags, caused a great explosion that knocked everyone back, including Ryu and his water clone. 

     Good job, nephew, Kasurou thought, But I'm afraid you'll need a lot more than that to defeat it. I put extra Chakra in it just for you.

     Ryu stood back up and almost couldn't believe it when he saw that the dummy was still around. He saw it standing several feet away from where it once was with four Kunai in its hand. With great speed, it threw them at Ryu.

     Ryu smiled. Give me a break. He prepared himself, but right then, his vision suddenly became blurry. Only seeing blurs, he managed to dodge two of the Kunai, but one cut his cheek and another cut the thread that held his hair up, causing it to fall down.

     Ryu kept his balance and remained standing up. His hair fell down to his shoulders from four months of growth without cutting. His vision suddenly returned as fast as it had became a blur.

     "What was that?" Ryu asked himself. "I need to end this battle quickly."

     He had his clone give him back his sword as he charged at the dummy once again. His hair flew wildly around from behind as he ran. 

     He predicted the dummy's next move with ease and countered it with his own, sending it flying back. By the time it had recovered, Ryu was already behind it and had kicked it up into the sky.

     One more explosive tag left, so I've gotta make this one count, Ryu thought. He's got nowhere to go, and he can't maneuver in midair, so he's practically defenseless. He threw a Kunai, which implanted itself into the dummy's back with an explosive tag attached to it.

     "Begone!"

     The tag exploded on the dummy for the fifth time that day.  A small cloud of smoke hung where the dummy had exploded, and after nothing appeared from it, Ryu was sure that he had obliterated the dummy.

     "It's finally-" Ryu began saying, but he had spoken too soon.

     He felt a familiar iron grip grab hold of his leg from underground. He struggled to free himself, but the grip held on. Suddenly, another dummy rose from the ground thirty feet away from Ryu. It then exhaled a fireball which flew towards Ryu.

     Ryu also created a fireball which flew toward the dummy's. Instead of cancelling out, the dummy's fireball overpowered Ryu's and resumed going after Ryu.

     Shoot! I'm a goner! But that's when Ryu remembered what Meizu had told him about the Mangekyo Sharingan eyes: "When the Mangekyo Sharingan is activated, it also awakens powers in each eye; But sometimes, the same power is awakened in both eyes.

     Let's see if my eyes can get me out of this, Ryu thought as he stared at the fireball.

     Suddenly, Ryu's right eye began bleeding and the blood dripped down his right cheek as the power of the right Mangekyo Sharingan eye activated. 

     Out of nowhere, black flames appeared where Ryu's right eye was looking, which was the fireball, and started eating up its flames until there was nothing left.

     "AH!" Ryu yelled in pain as he covered his right eye, which was now hurting painfully. "What were those flames?"

     "They're called Amaterasu," Kasurou said. "They're said to be the 'fires from hell,' as hot as the sun and ignite at the focus point of the eye's vision and can burn anything, even other flames. But they're only available to those who have their power through the Mangekyo Sharingan."

     "That must be the power of my right eye," Ryu said. "If it can burn anything, then . . ."

     He pulled his hand off his right eye, but kept it shut and made two water clones, which channeled Lightning Chakra from their hand that took the form of hounds that began running toward the dummy.

     The dummy dodged one of the hounds, but it just came after him again, along with the other one. Finally, he was forced to jump into the air, which was just what Ryu had been hoping for, since it was now once again powerless.

     "Dodge this!" Ryu said, opening his right eye again. "Amaterasu!"

     The black flames of Amaterasu ignited on the dummy and slowly covered its whole body. Once it had completely engulfed the wooden dummy, it began reducing and burning up the dummy. A few seconds later, nothing was left of the dummy.

     "Well that takes care of that," Ryu said as he passed out from exhaustion.