Chapter Thirteen: Ryu and Chi Vs. The Lightning Five - Part 2

"This is Genjutsu," Cal realized. "But it isn't any ordinary Genjutsu."

     "Good analyzing," Ryu said. "This is the power in my left eye of my Mangekyo Sharingan I discovered during training. The special part of it is that I don't always need direct eye contact. I am able to send out Chakra vibes from, and it can disturb the Chakra flow of anyone hit by them, placing them under my Genjutsu."

     "The famed Mangekyo Shringan I've heard so much about?" Cal said. "But how come you appear to have your regular Sharingan?"

     "This my world," Ryu explained, "which means it also follows my rules. My own laws of physics, gravity, and anything else. Everything is completely up to me. Even time."

     "That's quite a Genjutsu," Cal said. "Shame I'll be getting out now."

     "Sorry to inform you, but there's no escape. The only way to escape is to defeat me, or die."

     "Then I'll just kill you!" He charged at Ryu with a Kunai in his left hand and Dai and Karou followed behind.

     Suddenly, Cal, Dai, and Karou's movements became slow, as if they were moving through an ocean of syrup. Ryu ran up and kicked each in face and sent them flying backwards.

     "Like I said, I am able to control time-" Ryu fell to his knees coughing blood from his mouth.

     It probably wasn't smart using this much of my power at the same time, Ryu thought as he stood back up holding his hand over his mouth.

     "Looks like there's some drawbacks to this ultimate Genjustsu of yours," Cal said as he and the others stood back up.

     Ryu drew his sword and said, "I'll manage. Since with this Genjutsu, I'm tipping the scale to my advantage a little."

     "I'll stand back as my companions deal with you," Cal said, stepping back. "In the condition you're in, they can easily overpower you."

     "You really underestimate me," Ryu said, wiping the blood from his mouth.

     Dai and Karou charged at Ryu with Kunai in their hands. Ryu deflected Dai's Kunai with his sword and dodged karou's. He then jumped back and sprung toward Karou with his sword pointed toward him.

     Karou barely dodged the sword as it ripped through the side of his shirt. Dai took this opportunity to attack, but his Kunai ran through Ryu's back, which had suddenly become water.

     The real Ryu came from behind and swung his sword at at Dai's waist. Dai sensed his presence and jumped high enough to dodge the attack.

     Got him now, Ryu thought with a slight smile.

     Ryu created three water clones and leaped into the air after Dai with his clones. Dai then began battling Ryu and his clones in the air. Even though the clones were only one-tenth of Ryu's power, they still managed to overpower him. 

     The four clones each took an arm and leg of Dai and held him completely still. Ryu then summoned a Chidori in his left hand.

     "Goodbye," Ryu said. "Lightning Blade!"

     He then drove the Chidori through Dai's stomach, instantly killing him. Dai's body landed on the ground with a loud THUD! while Ryu and his clones landed without a sound.

     "How could you!?" Karou yelled as he charged with an enraged face.

     From under Karou's feet, the explosive tag Ryu had set exploded. BOOM! Only ash was left of his body and nothing else.

     Ryu turned back to Cal, who looked at Dai's body and Karou's ashes with a surprised look.

     "Didn't I tell you you underestimated me?" Ryu said. "Now it's time to take you out!"

     "You killed them!" Cal screamed. 

     Suddenly, red aura began to surround Cal. Cal seemed to grow a few inches as his muscle mass increased. His original clothes ripped from him except for his pants. His eyes turned dark blue and his hair grew spiky.

      Ryu's eyes widened as he recognized the form Cal had transformed into. Cal was also a Jinchuriki, like Ryu was.

     "Two can play at that game," Ryu said, closing his eyes.

     "How's it been?" Byakko said as Ryu walked to the front of his gate. "I'm still waiting on the fight you promised me."

     "Don't worry," Ryu said. "We'll get to do that as soon as we save the village."

     "Why do you care so much for the village?" Byakko asked. "It's the reason you're so weak. You're tied down by their so called bonds, but they don't really care about you."

     Ryu smiled, which confused Byakko. "Is that right? Well, anyway, I came to borrow your power."

     "Just because I give you a free MVP pass into here doesn't mean you can barge in and simply take my power."

     "Then what do you want in return?"

     "An answer to my question earlier is all."

     "You mean to why I want to protect the village?"

     "Yes."

     "Well that's easy." Ryu grinned. "I'm going to become the Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves, of course."

     "But why there?"

     "Because I like it there. Is there any other reason I need?"

     Byakko chuckled. "I guess not. Just end this quickly, will you."

For the second time, Ryu had received the power of Byakko. He looked at the astonished Cal and smiled with his now pointy teeth.

     "You didn't possibly think you were the only one with a Tailed Beast inside of you," Ryu said.

     Cal let out an ear-piercing roar, and Ryu did the same. In the blink of an eye, they had both disappeared and were in thirty feet in the air.

      "Die!" Cal yelled as he sent a fist toward Ryu.