Chapter Twenty: The Jin Scuffle

Hey, Ryu no longer knows Storm Style. I don't know what I was thinking years ago when I wrote that in, but let's act like it never happened. He is still a prodigy, and knows three Styles (Fire, Lightning, and Water). Just letting you guys know.

_____________________________________________________

     The other two men scrambled out of the room, leaving Ryu and Jin to fight. However, it didn't take long for Ryu to see that Jin was the real deal. If the Lightning Five had been strong, Jin easily outmatched all five of them combined. His blows were fast and filled with insane strength that kept Ryu on the tightrope for the entire first ten minutes or so of the fight. After managing to get in the Fireball Jutsu, he jumped back to regain his lost breath. Instead of closing the gap and resuming his barrage of attacks, Jin stared at Ryu with a hint of pity in his otherwise blank eyes.

     Ryu coughed a bit of blood and stood upright. "What's with that look, old man?"

     "You're so young, and with so much potential," Jin said in response. "I guess being an Uchiha, that's expected, but still. You could have been a great asset in my quest to conquer the Ninja World, young man."

     "I wouldn't want to aid you in destroying homes, old man," Ryu retorted, charging at Jin. "I want to protect those homes and their residents!"

     Ryu slashed his sword expertly at Jin, who simply sidestepped the attack, just like Ryu had predicted. With a quick flick of his wrist, the sword was cutting right back toward Jin, who, seeing this, managed to leap back in time.

     Not allowing him to even think about countering, Ryu had created four water clones that charged Jin, each with the Chidori ready. Jin calmly took out each clone, but just as the last one sank to ground as a puddle, Ryu appeared above Jin with his own Chidori that he thrust at him. Jin again sidestepped his attack, causing Ryu to strike the ground and create a hole that peered into the floor below.

     Ryu managed to block a kick from Jin, but he nonetheless was blown backward from the sheer force of the attack. He let his arms hang at his side, currently numb from Jin's kick.

     "I think you may have got the wrong impression of me," Jin said, lowering his leg to the ground. "I know I seem like the bad guy, but believe me, it is for a greater good."

     Needing the time to heal, Ryu sought to make Jin talk. "And just what is this greater good?"

     "As I'm sure you've realized, this Shinobi world is filled with too much suffering, too much pain, too much sorrow. I seek to end these patterns by creating a utopia, where all men and women can live happily. To do this, I must unify everyone, and rule over them with an iron fist to make sure everyone is happy and no harm comes to my subjects. I am the only one who would be fit to rule over such a world, of course."

     "Seems to me like someone has a God complex," I said. "So to achieve your utopia, you plan to cause the same amout suffering and pain you seek to rid the world of? And even in doing so, this new world of yours would be fake. Your subjects would merely fear you, and act the way you want to simply because they don't to be killed. It takes away the whole free will concept! Not to mention a rebellion would be inevitable!"

     "But you must admit," Jin said, "it is a far better than letting cruel men resume their evil ways. With the loss of just a few, I can save many in the future."

     "Seems to me like you're the one of the cruel men doing evil," Ryu said. "And that's why I'm here to stop you."

     A thin smile appeared on Jin's face. "If that's the case, then you must die!"

     He launched himself at Ryu, but Ryu had already rejuvenated. He was finally able to dodge one of Jin's attacks and as he jumped back, he sent electricity through the water left from his water clones. Jin screamed in pain as his body was electrocuted. As soon as he landed on the ground, Ryu used his legs to spring back toward Jin, his sword ready to pierce his flesh. However, Jin was able to break away to safety.

     "Craftylittle brat," Jin said through clenched teeth. "I'd completely forgotten about the water left over from your water clones."

     Jin began forming hand signs, but thanks to his Sharingan, Ryu precisely copied the hand signs. At the same time, they announced their Jutsus: "Lightning Style: Lightning Snake Jutsu!"

     Both men plunged their hands into the ground and released lightning into the ground with their Chakra. Both of their lightning techniques took the form of wavy movements similar to a serpent. Upon contact, they erupted in an explosion that sent lightning charges all around the room and blasted holes through the walls.

     Before Ryu knew what had happened, Jin had kicked him in his chest, knocking the wind out of him and causing him to cough up blood. He dropped to his knees, gasping for any air his lungs would allow him to intake.

     "Give up," Jin said. "You can't beat me, even with that Sharingan. No use if I'm too fast for your body to even react."

     His reply was barely audible through my panting. "I'll never give up."

     In the state he was in, Ryu knew the next blow would be the end of him. With his godly power and speed, a single clean hit to any of Ryu's vital spots would finish him. I fought to stand back up or at least move out of the way, but without oxygen, he might as well be a sitting duck. It would take a miracle for him to make out here alive, he thought.

     "Then so be it. Goodbye."

     Jin infused his hand with lightning Chakra, and with a swift movement, aimed for Ryu's neck. He closed his eyes instinctively, his head flooded with thoughts of the Hidden Leaf Village. Is this really it? Ryu thought. Would he never become Hokage? Would he really never end up even protecting my home?

     No. He couldn't die here. He must protect the village. He had to be able to help the village by all means.

     The one he needed was . . .

     more power.

     The next sound he heard was Jin grunting in pain. He opened his eyes, which had now become the Mangekyou Sharingan, and found himself being protected by some sort of Chakra ribcage? His Chakra. He almost didn't believe it. It was a red ribcage belonging to some large being, and Jin had been unable to penetrate it with his lightning hand.

     He can't get away, Ryu thought. As if responding to his mind, the ribcage sprouted a skeletal arm that slammed its fist into Jin, prompting him to yell in pain as he was punched several floors below.

     With barely any strength left, Ryu rose to his feet, every cell in his body screaming in agony. The red Chakra ribcage still surrounded his body, and he couldn't have been more thankful for this new power. Before he could go after Jin again, blood splurted from his mouth and he dropped to a single knee.

     His body could not hold on much longer, and Ryu knew that. Hopefully Jin would stick to his word and wait a year, because if he attacked now, the villages would know ahead of time if Ryu relayed the information in time. As much as he resented his decision, Ryu realized it was his smartest course of action. He had to live and warn the others. 

     With this, he turned around and retreated.

Next chapter is filler for Jin. No need to read it, just giving a heads up that I'm trying something new.