Chapter Eleven: First Mission

Throughout the five weeks of training, Ryu and Chi only saw each coming from and going to the training center, which they both didn't like.

     By the end of the fifth week, Ryu had went all the way to one hundred pounds with the wrist and leg weights. He had persuaded Yuu to increase the weights by a lot so he could get much stronger. He had also practiced his Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, Genjutsu, and Kenjutsu-sword techniques-skills.

     As for Chi, she had learned several Crystal and Wind Style Jutsus. But most impressive of all, she had mastered Earth Style and several of its Jutsus.

     The wall was finally lowered between Ryu and Yuu and Chi and Cindy.

     Chi tackled Ryu to the ground with a big hug. Ryu was caught off guard and fell to the floor.

     "Now that training is over, you two are allowed to begin your first mission," Cindy said. "Let's go let the Hokage know you're ready."

     Yuu nodded and they followed him out of the training center and up into the Hokage's office.

     They found Mitsuo sitting at his desk filling out papers all over his desk.

     "Their training is complete, Mitsuo," Yuu said.

     "Wonderful!" Mitsuo said, stopping to look at them. "I think it's time I send you on your first mission."

     He dug through the papers on his desk, and when he couldn't find what he was looking for, he looked on the ground and finally saw it.

     "There you are," he said, picking up the paper. "Six weeks ago, some of our members were ambushed. We are sure that it was the same people who attacked our village. What we know so far is that our enemy is a newly found village, and its name is the Village Hidden in the Storm, and they use Lightning Style techniques, like the Village Hidden by the Clouds, except that they have a much, much larger army."

     "So what do you need us to do?" Ryu asked, excited, but not showing it.

     "For your first mission, I want you guys to clear the way to the Village Hidden in the Storm. Our men were messing around were caught off guard, leading to them being easily killed. But since you guys already know about the enemy, you won't be caught off guard."

     Chi nodded. "Sounds simple enough."

     "You can leave immediately," Mitsuo said. "Yuu and Cindy will show you the direction."

     They all bowed and left the Hokage's office.

     Once outside, they jumped onto the Hokage mansion roof. Yuu pointed west and said, "Just keep on going west for about twenty-five minutes. Then you stop and wait for the enemy."

     Cindy nodded in agreement. "Sorry we couldn't accompany you guys. The Hokage has another mission for us. Bye!"

     They jumped down and went back inside the Hokage mansion.

     Ryu and Chi pulled their masks to their faces-Ryu a dragon mask and Chi a cat- and leaped onto a tree. From there, they began leaping from tree branch to tree branch toward the direction Yuu had told them.

     After a few minutes of traveling, they felt several presences from all around.

     "But it's only been about fifteen minutes," Chi said.

     Suddenly, Ryu made eye contact with one of the presence's owner.

     Out of nowhere, a Kunai was suddenly embedded in Ryu's back and he fell to the ground, bleeding.

     "Ryu!" Chi yelled as she jumped after him.

     She caught him before he hit the ground and slowly set him down. She looked him in the eyes and saw that his Sharingan had been activated.

     "You should've been able to dodge that easily," Chi said. Her eyes widened as she realized something. "Unless . . ."

     Ryu lifted his hand and put a finger on his mouth, signaling for her to keep quiet.

     "I got one of them!" someone yelled. "Come out, guys!"

     Five men, all dressed in blue Ninja outfits, landed in the open ten feet from Ryu and Chi.

     "They're here, Ryu," Chi said.

     Ryu grinned. "Got it."

     Suddenly, Ryu's body erupted into several black crows which all flew away.

     The five Ninja stumbled back in surprise, and the one that had supposedly hit Ryu fell on the ground in complete shock.

     "Genjutsu! He must've wanted me to call everyone out in the open!" the man said.

     "Aren't you the smart one," Ryu said from above standing on a tree branch. " But you were stupid to peak from behind the tree, and then make eye contact with me. Now that you're all here, let's have some fun."