Chapter Three: Team Katsurou!

"What did you just say?" Chi asked.

     "It's just like I said," Jun said. "Tsuyoshi Sensei was badly hurt during the attack. But he's lucky he could escape with his life, unlike many other Ninja."

     "Can I have everyone's attention."

     Everyone turned to look up just as the roof of the underground room slid sideways, revealing a man, who made everybody's spirits rise.

     "It's the Hokage!" someone hollered.

     The Hokage, usually a cheerful man, had a serious look on his face. "As many of you know, we were recently attacked by an unknown army of Ninja. I'm sorry if someone you loved died, but they died a hero, and managed to drive the enemy forces back and out of our village, and for that we are all truly grateful, for without them, we wouldn't be here."

     A few people burst into tears at what the Hokage had said.

     "But unfortunately," the Hokage continued, "we are certain the enemy will attack again. We were caught off guard last time, but we'll be ready next time. I need all the Ninja we can get to begin training immediately and prepare for the next attack, and for all the others to go live in the surviving part of the village. Now let's get everybody out of here."

     Cheers filled the room as people began exiting the underground room. Ryu, Chi, and Jun blended into the crowd and went with the flow out of the room.

     Once outside, they looked around for the hospital, which they found destroyed, but instead found a large group injured Ninja being healed by medical ones.

     After minutes of searching, they found Tsuyoshi laying down on the ground with a Medical Ninja trying trying to heal him. The three Genin sat down next to their Sensei and looked down at his motionless body. Scratches and blood filled his body and a sword wound was implanted in his chest.

     "Will he be okay?" Chi asked the female Medical Ninja.

     The woman, unable to answer the question, said, "I'm trying my best to heal as much damage as can."

     "But will he live?" Jun asked worryingly.

     The Ninja just kept quiet and resumed concentrating on healing Tsuyoshi.

     "This is pointless," Ryu said, standing up. "She obviously doesn't know, even though she's a Medical Ninja. We should go and begin training. We'll return to check up on Tsuyosho later in the day."

     Chi and Jun nodded before standing up and walking off with Ryu. Ryu turned back and, making eye contact with the Medical Ninja, mouthed Good luck.

     The Medical Ninja, understanding, smiled and nodded.

     "Wait a minute," Chi said, realizing something. "How are we going to train without Tsuyoshi Sensei?"

     "Will the teams with no Sensei please step this way!"

     "There's our answer," Jun said as he began walking toward the voice.

     There was a large crowd of Genin gathered around five men. Ryu, Chi, and Jun stood from a distance to get a better look at what was going on.

     "These four men over here," said one of the five Ninja, "are kind enough to take some more Genin and train them. Please stand with your Squad and they will come around to choose who they will take onto their team."

     Ryu, Chi, and Jun stood next to each other like all the other Squads as the four Jonin walked around choosing their new teams.

     After a while, one of the Jonin went to the back to check out Ryu, Chi, and Jun.

     "You look like you have potential," the Jonin said. "I'll take-"

     Before he could finish what he was saying, he was interrupted by another Jonin who said, "They're already mine."

     They turned to see another one of the four Jonin standing behind Ryu. He had black, spiky hair and dark eyes, similar to those of Ryu.

     Ryu immediately recognized the man. "Katsurou."

     Katsurou looked at Ryu's squad and said, "I'll be taking this Squad."

     Knowing better than to mess with Katsurou, the Jonin simply nodded and walked off looking for other Genin Squads. Once he was gone, Katsurou looked directly at Ryu and said, "How's it been, nephew?"

     "Nephew!?" Chi and Jun said at the same time.

     Ryu sighed and looked into his uncle's eyes. "Why did you choose my squad?"

     "Is it wrong to spend more time with one's family?" Katsurou said.

     Ryu gritted his teeth at his uncle's response and looked away. Katsurou smiled and resumed drafting other Genin squads. Once everything was done, Team Katsurou followed Katsurou to their training spot in forest, where they would get privacy. Once they found an opening, Katsurou stopped and turned to face his new team.

     "Now, for those of you who don't know, I'm Katsurou Uchiha, and I'll be your Sensei for the time being," Katsurou said. "To begin our training, we will first be finding out your nature affinity, so I can know how to train you."

    "And how are we going to find out what our nature affinities are?" Chi asked.

     "I'm getting there," Katsurou said, taking out fifteen pieces of paper from his pouch. "These here are special pieces of paper that we will use to find out your nature affinity. I want each of you to take hold of one and channel your Chakra into them. Depending on what happens to the paper, we will know your nature affinity. If it crumbles up you're Lightning natured, burns is Fire, splits in two is Wind, turns into dirt and crumbles away is Earth, and if it becomes wet you're Water." 

     He handed each person a piece of paper and said, "Go ahead and get started."