Chapter 17

-Why? Why did this have to happen? I don't understand.- 

-It's okay Rika.- Chaos thought to me and I shook my head looking down at him since he was out of my body now.

-He's dead. It's not okay.- 

Chaos rubbed his head against my leg and I looked down to hide my tears and pet him.

I felt someone pat my head and another person put there hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Kakashi's hand on my head and Asuma's hand on my shoulder.

I sniffled and wiped my eyes as it started to rain.

"Why?" I asked quietly.

"These things happen Rika." Dad whispered and Asuma said quietly, "Sometimes we can control it but other times...it's suppose to happen."

"He can't leave." I whimpered looking around at everyone dressed in black at the picture with the hokage's face on it.

I held the flower in my hand tightly and dad kneeled down to my height. "Go ahead." He said quietly.

I walked up and put my flower by his picture and sniffled, "Y-you were always a great grandpa to me." I smiled weakly. "T-thank you for letting me have a n-nice place to live. you t-took me in w-when I had nowhere else to go." I started crying again. "I-i love you grandpa." I whispered and quickly went back to dad and Asuma who were both kneeled down and I hugged them tightly as Chaos rubbed his head against me.

Kakashi and Asuma rubbed my back and I looked over to Konahamaru who was crying and Iruka and Naruto who were with him. Iruka looked over at me and gave a sad smile and I gave one back.

After everything was done and everyone left I went over to the picture and hugged Chaos tightly "I don't want him gone." I whispered.

"Neither do I." I heard a voice say and I looked up to see Asuma.

"Why did he go?" I asked sniffling.

He kneeled down by me and said, "He died protecting what he loved. This village and the people in it. If he didn't try to stop them this village would have been destroyed."

"I don't like those bad guys." I whimpered.

"I don't either." He whispered.

I looked at him and quickly hugged him burying my face in his vest. "I never got to tell him thank you for taking me in. For letting me have a nice to dad. Nice friends. Being my first friend here." I cried.

"Shh." He whispered rubbing my back. "I think he knows you are very thankful for what he did."

"Really?"

"Yes. I bet he could tell by the smile that's always on your face."  He chuckled a little.

I gripped his vest and he gently lifted my chin to let me look at him. "Don't cry. He wouldn't want you to cry. He would want you happy okay?" He had a small smile.

"Only if you promise to smile more." I said quietly and he chuckled and smiled more and I gave a small one back.

"Now let's take you home." He said.

"Where is dad?" I asked quietly.

"He went to the house. I told him to let us be alone and he understood."

I nodded and shivered since it was still raining and he took of his coat and wrapped it around me as he stood up carrying me.

Chaos barked and turned to a smaller dog and jumped in my arms.

"Asuma your coat is to big." I giggled quietly.

"It will keep your warm though." He said walking to mine and dads house.

"What about you?"

"I am okay." He chuckled.

I nodded and sneezed laying my head on his chest as he got to our house and knocked.

Dad opened the door as saw me half asleep in Asuma's arms.

"Thank you." Dad said quietly and took my from Asuma's arms and carried Chaos and me.

After saying goodbye to Asuma he shut the door and took me to my room and I opened my eyes and whimpered "No."

"What's wrong?" He asked stopping.

"I don't want to be alone." I whispered.

He nodded and took me to his room and brought me in the bathroom there.

"Put on these okay?" He said handing me his shirt and some of my pants that I kept in his room for times I wanted to stay with him.

I nodded and he walked out with Chaos and was drying him off with a towel when I came out.

I looked up and he chuckled seeing me. 

"What?" I asked innocently.

"I'm just remembering when you first wore my clothes. The first day you slept here. They were huge on you and now there just a little big on you." He ruffled my hair. "You're growing."

"I don't want to grow." I pouted.

"You have to grow to get a boyfriend and date." He smirked knowing I would freak.

"No No way!" I yelled shaking my head.

"So there is no one you like?" He chuckled and my mind immediatly went to Gaara and I blushed.

"So there is someone?" He teased.

"I-i think....I'm not sure." I whispered.

"Who?"

"G-gaara from the chunin exams." I muttered and he seemed shocked.

"Well I can't control who you like." He smiled and picked me up "Let's go to bed." He said and Chaos jumped in bed.

I nodded and layed down yawning sleeping how we did the first night. Me close to him with Chaos at the foot of the bed.

-Do I really like Gaara? I get little butterflies at the mention of his name. Maybe I do. I hope I get to see him thought.- I thought before I went to sleep.

That night I actually got a good night of sleep. I thought it would include when the hokage died but strangely it didn't. It was really good dreams and some of them including Gaara.