Chapter 4

I turned around and saw a man with silver hair that defyed gravity and his head band covered his left eye while he had a mask covering his nose and mouth. I noticed he had on the vest most jounin wear.

"Kakashi! You're late! Why are you late?!" Gai yelled at him.

"I didn't want to get any bad luck from that black cat. The long route was the best way to go." He said calmly.

-Chaos! His hair is cool.-

-I know. How does he do that?"

-Lots and lots of hair gel.- I thought to Chaos in a joking matter.

-Pay attention.- Chaos thought to me and then sighed and (I'm just going to say said from now on) said.

-Their talking again. Listen.-

"Kakashi. Why must you be late today? You have to meet the new girl." A man smoking said.

"Don't blame me. Blame that cat." He said and, even though I couldn't see it, I knew he was smirking behind his mask.

He looked at me and said,"Well hello there. What's your name?"

I backed away from him and grabbed Ibiki's trench coat.

"Can she not talk?" He asked looking confused.

"She's just really shy. She only told her name to Lord Hokage, Ibiki, and me." Iruka said.

Kakashi nodded his head then kneeled down and said,"Why are you so shy? We're not going to hurt you."

I, still holding on to the bottom of Ibiki's trench coat, took a few steps to the right and hid behind Ibiki's leg.

Kakashi, still kneeled down, took two steps closer to me then Chaos got in front of him and growled.

"Who's this?" Kakashi asked suprised.

Ibiki looked down at me and I slowly nodded my head yes.

"That is Chaos. Her pet wolf."

"He's protective. But I still won't hurt you okay?"

-What do you think?- I asked Chaos.

-He seems nice enough, but I'd he tries anything.- Chaos said then growled and moved away from Kakashi.

Kakashi closed his eye and tilted his head to the side so i guess he was smiling.

I wrapped my arm, holding on to Ibiki'a trench coat, around his leg and moved my head to see Kakashi more. Kakashi opened his eye and put his hand out again. I looked up at Ibiki and he looked down at me, put his hand on my head and said,"Go on."

I slowly walked over to Kakashi and he said,"I'm Kakashi Hatake. And you are?"

"I...I'm Rika." I said in a whisper like voice, and put my hand in his and shook it.

"I like your hair." He said taking a strand of my orange hair and looking at it.

I looked at him and smiled and, still being quite,said," I like yours too." I raised my hand and tried to flatten his hair down but it just kept going back to its original position. I took both of my hands and separated his hair in the middle and pushed both parts down. I smiled more and moved my hands away. I giggled quietly when his hair went back to its same position.

"Having fun?" I looked up an saw Lord Hokage smiling down at me and everyone staring at me with a slight smile on all of their faces. I blushed and looked down, not liking the attention.

"You've opened up to three people. I'm proud." The Hokage said.

"Why hasn't she opened up to me?!?!" Then man 'Gai' yelled out.

I whimpered and turned towards Kakashi and put my head on his shoulder and held onto his vest. He wrapped his arms around me and said,"Gai. Will you quit yelling? You're scaring her."

"I'm so sorry! That wast youthful of me at all!" He yelled.

Kakashi noticed your grip on him tightened.

"Calm down Gai." Kakashi said sighing.

"But!" He started to yell but Chaos ran in front of him and growled.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly.

-Thanks Chaos.-

-Anytime.-

"Now that we've settled down I have some questions for you."

I kept my head on Kakashi's shoulder and mumbled," Okay."

"Do you have a last name?"

"No." I whispered.

"Why not?"

"My adoptive parents said I didn't deserve one."

"You had adoptive parents?" Iruka asked me.

"I had a lot of adoptive parents."

"How many?"

"About 16."

"Why so many?"

"They all said they couldn't handle a freak and monster like me." I said as a tear went down my cheek.

Kakashi'a grip on me tightened and he whispered in my ear,"Don't cry. You have us here now. You're safe."

I tightened my grip on him also and thought to myself

-For some reason I think I can really trust this guy, this people, and this village. They seem different from everyone else.-

"One more question."

"Oh...okay."

"Do you have any idea wear you will live?"

"Yeah." I turned my head so my cheek was on Kakashi's shoulder and looked at the Hokage. "I can sleep on a branch on a tree. Or somewhere in the forest. All my adoptive parents would get mad and make me sleep outside. I'm used to it."

Everyone looked shocked by what I just said but the the Hokage spoke,"Nonsense. A child should not have to sleep outside. We will get you a house here."

"I can't pay for a house or rent." I said sadly.

"Then you will live with on of our jounin." The Hokage said with a grin.