Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Dinner

I see the tall, lanky, blonde boy from before still holding onto the stuffed penguin for dear life. His bright blue eyes are slightly widened and his tongue peeks out from his thin lips as he hops on both feet at once, down the stairs.

I look at him with wide eyes, oh god.

He's fucking adorable!

He looks up at all of us and he clutched the stuffed penguin tighter. Mrs. Hemmings rushed to his side and whispered something in his ear. He nodded as she walked away.

He walked up to my mum. "This is Mrs. Clifford" Mrs. Hemmings said. He replied quietly so I couldn't really hear his response.

"Well it's lovely to meet you Luke" she nodded.

He gave her a small hug in greeting before moving to my dad. He says something to quiet again and my dad tells him it's nice to meet him and gave his name. Luke gave another small hug.

He then walked up to me and we were around the same height. He sent me a nervous smile and I sent a warming and gentle one back. His blue eyes already started to soften.

"I'm Luke" he mumbled meekly and childlike as he looks at his feet.

"It's great to meet you Luke" I said happily. "I'm Michael"

"D-do you mind if I hug you?" He asked.

"Of course not" I let out a quiet chuckle.

He quickly wrapped his arms around my body and hugged me tight. I hugged back in response. He took a deep inhale before pulling back.

"I like your hugs" he giggled slowly letting go of his nerves.

"I know, my hugs are great" I say mock proudly.

"What about my hugs?" He pouted.

"Hmm, do I get another hug to help me decide?" I ask.

He grinned wide before wrapping his arms around my body and holding me tight. He nuzzled his head in my neck as I snaked my hands around his waist. I smiled as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Is this a good hug?" He asked and I could tell he was grinning as wide as I was.

"Just perfect" I say quietly.

______________________

We all gathered around the dinner table and stood by the seat next to mine. I patted the seat and he quickly took a seat with a smile on his face.

"I hope homemade pizza is good?" Liz asked bring the big delicious looking pizza in the room.

Luke cheered and the smile on my face just wouldn't go away. Why does he have to be so damn cute?

"Sounds amazing" I said happily taking my eyes off the boy next to me.

She gives us each 3 pieces and my mouth starts to water as I look at the pizza in front of me. It's covered in pepperoni and sausage and bacon and ham and oh my god this looks amazing.