Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Bullies

I ruffle my hair up before smoothing it down a bit. I send a questioning glance at my eyeliner before shaking my head. Not today. I then throw on some sweat pants. I decide against putting on a shirt as I lay down in bed and turn on the tv. 

Just then I hear our door open and I sigh getting up from my bed. Who could be here? I then smile, realizing it could be Luke.

"Hello?" I yell as I start walking down my stairs.

"Michael, just the boy I was looking for!" Mrs. Hemmings smiles at me.

"Oh hello. What's up?" I ask as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"I have to go to a friend's party and I know Luke is 18 but I need someone to...you know, keep an eye on him" she blushed.

"Oh, of course! I'd love to go hangout with him" I smile at her.

She smiled at me, relieved. "You guys have gotten quite close" she said warmly.

"Yeah, he's such a cute and sweet guy" I nod.

"Michael, you do know that he can't really..." She trailed off but I nod.

"Yeah, I know. I'd never push anything on him like that" I say with a smile. "Just friends" I confirm.

"You're so kind Michael" she says tearing up. "We've never had someone to be so kind and friendly to him" she says.

"He's an amazing person. No matter whatever disorder he has, he's still one of the greatest people I've ever met"

"PeterPan Syndrome" she said. "He has a brain of 5 year old and his brain won't let him be any older, mentally" she clarified.

"Well I love it. I don't want him any other way" I smile. "And remember Mrs. Hemmings, I'm always here for you and Mr. Hemmings"

"Oh Michael, you're an angel" she cried before wrapping her arms around me.

I hug her back, tears brimming my eyes as well. That poor family must go through so much shit to make this extremely kind and happy women break down in my arms.

"Let's get back to Luke yeah?" I say gently, pulling back from the hug.

She nods her head, wiping the tears from her eyes and sniffling. "Thank you Michael"

I nod with a smile before turning off the lights in my house and leading Mrs. Hemmings back to her house with a smile. She tells me Luke is still sleeping as we walk to her house and I nod. When I enter her house, it's just as nice as last time.

"Make yourself at home Michael" she smiled. "There's cereal in the kitchen for breakfast that I'm sure Luke would be willing to share with you and I think you remember where everything else is" she said looking around. "Here's the remote, watch whatever you want" she shrugs. "Make sure Luke takes his medication after eating breakfast and after lunch" she said before grabbing her purse. "Thank you again Michael, I'll see you soon" she waved before leaving.

I take my shoes off by the door before laying down on the couch and grabbing the remote and turning on friends reruns.

I watch friends for awhile before I hear shuffling upstairs. After I hear the toilet flush and the sink run, I hear footsteps on the stairs. When I turn my head I see Luke hoping down the stairs in an adorable penguin onesie.