Chapter 13

'' Rian? Rian? Rian!'' I lifted my head and stared at my teacher who very rudely interrupted my nap.

'' Can you please tell the class the answer?'' My heart sunk and started to race. I hate being called on in class, especially if I don't know the answer.

'' 1876.'' My other best friend, Chandan, whispered to me.

'' 1876.'' I said confidently and the teacher stared at me.

'' Pay attention next time Rian.''

Then, because the world hates me, my phone decided to go off. I closed my eyes in despair and quickly opened up my backpack to check my phone. I looked up at the teacher and she was turned around. Good she didn't hear it.

From HUNTER FREAKING ROWLAND
 rian? sorry I know ur in class so am I

From HUNTER FREAKING ROWLAND

but somethings wrong

From HUNTER FREAKING ROWLAND

Brandon

From HUNTER FREAKING ROWLAND

hes hurt

I looked up from my phone.

'' Whats wrong? You look like a deer in headlights.'' Chandan wrote me a note. She sits right next to me, but our teacher has ears like a hawk. No joke.

'' somethings wrong with Brandon.'' I wrote back

'' like what?''

'' Idk hunter didn't say. I need to leave. cover for me?''

I heard her sigh and I grabbed my stuff slyly.

'' Um, Mrs. Jefferson? THERES A SPIDER ON YOUR DESK!'' Chandan screamed. I smiled while Mrs. Jefferson screamed quickly and grabbed a newspaper.

Mrs. Jefferson is DEATHLY afraid of spiders. I quickly run out the room and bolt to the bathroom.

'' RIKER! HEY YAH IM AT SCHOOL AND YOU NEED TO PICK ME UP NOW! I MEAN NOW!'' I scream as my brother Riker answers the phone.

'' What? why?'' He asks.

'' Hunter, well Brandon, Hunters brother, hes hurt. I need to see him. '' There was a moment of pause and he sighs.

'' Alright. Go to the office and say your brother called you for a family emergency. I'll be there in 5.'' He hung up and I rushed to the office.

'' Um young lady why arnt you in class?'' The front desk lady asks.

'' my brother just called me a said there was a family emergency.'' She nodded and pointed to the chair.

I waited for about 5 miuntes when Riker came in and signed me out.

'' Did Hunter just randomly text you in class?'' He asks while revving up the engine.

'' Yah. All he said was Brandon was hurt and I'm actually really scared.'' I was hyperventilating. I love Brandon. He's like my little brother.

****

We eventually get to the hospital and Hunter texts me the ospital room number.

We walked around for 15 minutes looking for room 546. we eventually find it and Hunter, Ashton and their mom Christina were all pacing around the room.

'' What the hell happened?'' I asked and Hunter looked up at me,

tears in his eyes