Chapter 1: Him

"Meeting you was not the first day of the rest of my life, it was the first day of the BEST of my life."

A timid girl walks down the hallway. Her hair was long, her eyes were dark. Her face sunken in. The girls stared at her. Grimaced and smirked. She held her head low, clutched her books tightly to her chest. They hated her. She feared them. They were ruthless, she was helpless. No one to help her. No one to care for her. An orphan, without parents.

The classroom door slipped open as she pushed against it, slowing making her way inside. The girls all ignored her as she sat down. No one said 'hi'. No one even acknowledged her. And then a book slammed harshly on her desk, echoing throughout the almost quiet classroom.

Everyone turned, prepared for what was to come. The girl looked up, cowering in her seat. "Ya, Jin-Ah! You didn't do my homework right, bitch! I got an F." The girl, Do-Hee, the prettiest and coolest girl in the school, said. Ji-Ah whimpered at her pitchy tone, wondering what her punishment would be for failing.

Do-Hee grabbed her wrist roughly and began dragging her through the hall until they went into the locker room. She pushed her into the shower and turned on the water, making Jin-Ah's white shirt wet and now see through. Jin-Ah made an effort to cover herself so her bra didn't show under her clothes, but Do-Hee restricted her from doing so.

"Your punishment. Walk through the hall like this. Without covering. The boys will be here in five minutes. Get ready." Do-Hee snapped as the cold water kept pouring over Jin-Ah's frail body. Do-Hee watched as tears began to fall from Jin-Ah's eyes. She smiled with satisfaction.

The bell rang five minutes later and Do-Hee's smirk seemed to grow bigger. She grabbed Jin-Ah's arm roughly and pushed her out into the hall. The boys had just shuffled their way into the hall and upon Jin-Ah's appearance made them turn, point, and laugh. Jin-Ah wanted to cover herself, but alas, she couldn't, according to Do-Hee's orders.

She began walking down the hall. Her eyes closed, tears falling heavily down her cheeks. The laughing continued as she turned at the end of the hall and went back to the locker room. Do-Hee had returned to her classroom, allowing Jin-Ah to change into her gym clothes in peace. She sat against the lockers, curling up into a fetal position and crying until her eyes could take no more.

She hated her life. She wondered why they bullied her. Because she had no parents? Because she lived alone, getting money from a secret benefactor that she didn't know at all? She sighed, her tears had finally stopped. "Eomma, appa, why did you leave me? Was I a disappointment? Did I do something to embarrass you?" She sighed, taking in a deep breath. "Can you come back to me?"

~

Dance Practice. Every day, for hours. This was his life. Training for the group for endless hours. Boring, endless, the only words he could find to describe this. Sure, he loved being an idol. Being the maknae of the group, EXO, but it was tiring. And he hated being tired.

"Sehun, gaja." Suho, the leader of the group said, ushering him over so they could practice their latest song, Overdose. Sehun got in his position, wondering why they had to practice since they had already done it, literally twenty times. Maybe more than that. Sure, they had a performance coming up, but still, their managers and directors should allow them to rest if they don't want them to pass out on stage.

Sehun performed the song almost perfectly. Since his mind was elsewhere, his body wasn't paying attention to the song. Which earned him a lecture from Kai, the best dancer there. Sehun resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Oh, I'm sorry, Kai. We can't all be perfect like you. Sehun thought sarcastically, before they practiced again.