Chapter 14: Lost Mind

Sehun watched with concern as Jin-Ah went in for a CT scan. He was nervous to find out what was wrong. It seemed she didn't have any memories of Sehun or why she had tried to kill herself. When the scan was finished, the doctor went in to examine the pictures.

Sehun waited patiently outside the door and finally the doctor allowed him to enter. The doctor showed him the picture, but Sehun had no idea what he was looking at.

"She has amnesia. Slight amnesia. The pain she felt before she attempted suicide was so severe that her brain forced herself to forget everything." The doctor explained.

"She can probably remember everything in her past to a certain degree. As you saw, she doesn't remember you and it's probably because you were part of the memories she wanted to forget." The doctor finished his explanation and Sehun slumped down in the chair beside him.

"How long does it last?" Sehun asked after a few moments. The doctors sighed, looking at the scans.

"It's hard to tell. It could last a couple days, weeks, months, years. Or maybe forever. It depends on her reaction to things. She could see something tomorrow that triggers a mirage of her memories." He said and Sehun nodded.

He buried his face in his hands and sighed. He felt like crying. The girl he loved had no recollection of who he was and how much he meant to her. She didn't know anything about their relationship or how much he cared for her deeply.

After a few moments, Sehun dragged himself out of the room and trudged slowly back to Jin-Ah's hospital room. No one had come to visit her because frankly she had no one. And she probably knew that, so she wasn't expecting anything.

When he entered the room, Jin-Ah was sleeping peacefully in the hospital bed, her head turned to the side, her mouth slightly ajar. Sehun looked at her face and smiled slightly.

He slumped down in the chair beside her and hesitantly took her hand in his. He had been cautious since the CT scan, not wanting to touch her in case he freaked her out. He brought her knuckles to his lips and kissed them softly.

He wished deeply that she would remember him soon, so that he could apologize immensely for what he had done. For what he had said. For what he had caused.

His eyes scanned Jin-Ah's face and he slowly pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear. She flinched slightly and Sehun retracted his hand, looking at her expression curiously.

She looked.......troubled.

~

She looked into the darkness, a blank face appearing before the black. It was a boy. He had a face mask on and he was looking at her, not saying anything and just staring.

His mouth began moving, but no sound came out. It looked like he was saying something, but Jin-Ah couldn't hear a thing.

He continued moving his mouth and Jin-Ah began to grow annoyed, wondering why she couldn't hear anything. Why she couldn't make out what he was saying to her.

"I recognize you, but I don't think of you as an object. You're human, you have feelings too." A voice spread throughout the dark like a virus. It was her voice, speaking to the boy in front of her.

Once again, he began moving his mouth. Speaking but with no words.

Is this, is this a memory? Jin-Ah wondered. Her dreams had never been so surreal before. They hadn't been weird and unexplainable.

What does this mean? Do I know this person?

~

Sehun had fallen asleep next to Jin-Ah, his hand still holding hers tightly. She opened her eyes slowly, adjusting to the light, even though it was dim in the room. She looked at her hand, seeing it covered with Sehun's.