Chapter 8: Our Kiss

"You know my name. Not my story. You see my smile. Not my pain. You notice my cuts. Not my scars. You can read my lips. Not my mind."

He got closer, his lips hovering above hers. Jin-Ah closed her eyes, awaiting what was to come. And finally, she could feel the softness of his lips being placed most gently on hers. It was soft, it was sweet. And she kissed back, without even knowing how to kiss. When he pulled away, Jin-Ah soon missed the feeling.

He breathed out deeply, smiling once his exhale had ended. "Daebak." He said, before they both laughed at his silliness. "Worth the wait." He said, leaning his forehead against hers. Jin-Ah yawned a moment later, feeling exhausted after all that had happened. Sehun chuckled, finding her more cute by the second. "Are you tired?" He asked and she nodded.

"Too much happened today. I've never had this much excitement." She said and he nodded. They both laid on the couch, Sehun behind Jin-Ah so he could put his arm around her waist and hold her tightly. Soon enough, Jin-Ah dosed off, her eyes closed tightly. And it was only a few minutes after that Sehun followed.

~

Jin-Ah was walking in the park. Sehun had told her wait and he would show up, but it had already been hours since their agreement. Jin-Ah knew he wasn't coming. Why would he? She thought. When he knows of my pathetic, depressing personality. She sighed, the tears she'd been holding back beginning to fall from the corner of her eyes.

And then when she lifted her eyes from the ground once again, she saw Sehun, holding hands with Do-Hee. They were walking, smiling and laughing like they didn't have a care in the world. And they walked past her without even glancing her way. Jin-Ah broke, falling to the ground and crying until she could cry no longer, but no longer seemed like it wouldn't happen for was while.

~

Her eyes opened and she sat up quickly, recognizing her surroundings as her apartment. She looked beside her, her heart lifting for a moment. Sehun was still there, fast asleep. She sighed, although there were tears coming from her eyes. She stood up, going into her room and into her personal bathroom. She needed to cry and just let go of her emotions, otherwise they would linger the entire day in the back of her mind.

She sat against the white walls, the lights off. She curled into a fetal position and cried deeply into her knees. Her shoulders bobbed up and down with how severe her sobs were. Her dream had been horrible. Seeing Sehun with her, like that, ripped out Jin-Ah's heart and severed it into pieces.

"Jin-Ah, where'd you go?" She could hear his voice, but it sounded far away. Sounded like he was a mile away, waving from the distance. So, she didn't answer, thinking he wouldn't hear her anyway.

~

Sehun sat up on the couch, his eyes adjusting to the darkness of the living room. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes before he realized Jin-Ah wasn't next to him. He stood up, walking around the familiar part of her apartment searching. "Jin-Ah? Where'd you go?" He called out, thinking she was in the bedroom.

She didn't answer. Sehun approached the door and opened it, noticing the lights were off in there also. He saw the bathroom door open and then, the soft cries of someone crying. He sighed, thinking this kind of situation always happened in horror movies and he was gonna end up dead.

He took a deep breath, before proceeding and looking in the bathroom, only to find Jin-Ah. Sitting on the floor, her knees pressed tightly to her chest, her face buried deep in her sweatpants. And he could tell that she was crying.