Chapter 3: Suspicion

"It hurts, but I'm okay...I'm used to it."

Her wounds had been cleaned, wrapped up in a bandage. She took off her uniform, washed her hair and threw on a big sweatshirt and sweatpants. She sat on her couch, the lights off, the curtains closed. Her knees were pulled to her chest, her chin laid on her knees. And she stared, into the dark space in front of her.

Her energy had worn out after losing blood. She had made two cuts. Her hand wanted make more, but her mind told her no. So, she wiped off the blade and put it away. She had pulled her hair into a messy bun, taken out her contacts and put on her glasses.

She cleaned the cuts like she had always done, then bandaged them so they didn't get infected. She felt better after her episode. She felt like she could breathe again, the pain had ceased in her heart. She sighed heavily, her heartbeat becoming normal once again. Her eyes had dried up and her depression was gone, for now.

She jumped slightly when there was a sudden knock at her door. She knew who it was and that kept her from instantly getting up and opening the door. She couldn't handle his questions, she couldn't handle his prying. Without realizing her sleeve was up, revealing her bandage, but no scars, Jin-Ah opened the door.

Sehun stood there, a guilty yet concerned look in his eyes. Guilt for earlier and concern for the same thing. Jin-Ah walked away from the door, an invitation for Sehun to enter. He closed the door behind him and followed Jin-Ah to her living room. She sat on the couch and got in the same position she had been in before.

Sehun awkwardly sat on the couch, but after a while he relaxed. "A-are you okay?" He asked and Jin-Ah shrugged, not showing any emotion on her face.

"Just a regular day." Jin-Ah said softly. Sehun's face faltered, his eyes showing a flash of anger.

"Regular?" He asked and Jin-Ah nodded. Sehun sighed, wondering why Jin-Ah was so carefree about this. "Are you bullied?" He asked after a moment and Jin-Ah nodded, bluntly answering his question because she really didn't have anything to hide, except her scars.

"Everyday. For a long time." Jin-Ah said. Sehun stood up abruptly, running a hand through his hair harshly. And finally, his eyes trailed down to Jin-Ah's arm.

"What's that?" He asked, pointing to the bandage and Jin-Ah's eyes widened slightly, before she quickly pulled her sleeve down, thankful that the bandage had covered her other scars. She didn't need any judgement.

"N-nothing. I was cooking and I accidentally cut myself. It's no big deal." Jin-Ah said, slightly stuttering and although Sehun didn't believe her lousy excuse, he didn't push the subject farther.

"I can't believe you get bullied." Sehun said, completely surprised. Jin-Ah didn't understand his behavior. She felt like she was a target. That everybody got the 'let's bully her' vibe from her. But, apparently Sehun thought differently. And she just didn't get that.

"It's not a big deal." Jin-Ah said and Sehun looked at her with a livid expression on his face. He sat down, closer to her this time.

"Of course it's a big deal, Jin-Ah. Bullying is a serious thing. Y-you don't deserve it. You don't deserve, to be treated that way. You're nice, you're beautiful. You don't treat me like I'm just some prize. Like I don't have feelings. You're the most nicest person I've ever met." He said, meaning every word he said. Jin-Ah stared at him. His words. They were too kind to be true.

"Don't lie to me." Jin-Ah said, tears already beginning to form in her eyes. She was a sensitive person. Almost everything made her cry. Sehun sighed, smiling slightly.

"I'm not lying, Jin-Ah. I meant my words. I meant everything I just said. If you t-think that you deserve this kind of treatment, then you're wrong." He said and a tear fell slowly from Jin-Ah's eye, catching Sehun's attention.