Epilogue

Jin-Ah's POV

I hated myself. For what I was about to do. I knew it was wrong. I knew it would hurt. Him more than me. I tried to remind myself I wasn't do this for myself. It's for him. For his career. He'd hate me if I didn't. He'd understand. He'd understand.

I pushed open the door to Sehun and I's apartment, before placing my bag shakily on the table. It'd been a year since I graduated high school and I was now studying Psychology at the University of Seoul. I wanted to help people with the same kind of problems I had. Still had.

Sehun came running from the bedroom, his wet hair dripping all over the floor. A large smile was on his lips as he wrapped me up in a warm embrace, but I kept myself from returning the gesture. Sehun pulled back, a worried look in his eyes. "Is something wrong?" s on his lips as he wrapped me up in a warm embrace, but I kept myself from returning the gesture. Sehun pulled back, a worried look in his eyes. "Is something wrong?"

I nodded slowly, before pulling him over to the couch. I made him sit. I shakily sat next to him. "I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Let's-" I paused. "Let's stop. Let's end it here." I said, looking down at my hands. Once those words had left my lips, my heart had begun to crack, straight down the middle.

I dared to look at him, noticing his eyebrows furrowing together in confusion. "B-bwo?" He asked, looking at me with a confused look now dawning his face. I sighed, a shaky breath leaving my throat. "What is this? What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm done, Sehun. I-" I gulped a bit. "I don't want to be with you anymore." I said and his eyes widened a bit. I managed to keep my tears at bay that were begging to build and be released. He reached forward to brush her shoulder, but she briskly pulled back, knowing that if she let him touch her, she would break and fall into his arms.

"Yah, jagiya, what is this? Don't joke with me. This isn't funny." He said, attempting to laugh it off, but when he saw I was being serious, his expression dropped. "Jagi?"

"Don't call me that. It'll only make this harder. I've decided that our relationship won't work. Y-you need to focus on your career, and I-" I paused again to suck in a sharp breath. "I'm going to study abroad, in America."

A bitter laugh left Sehun's lips. "Geumanhae. Jebal, jagiya. Geumanhae." He said and I could hear his voice breaking slightly, making me whimper within my mind. "D-don't do this to me. I n-need you. S-saranghae." He said, his voice shaking.

I sighed again, before standing up. I walked hastily into my bedroom and grabbed my suitcase from under my bed. I had only an hour to get to the airport for me flight. I began grabbing clothes and putting them in the bag.

Sehun grabbed my wrist and forcefully made me stop packing. "Dangshin miwohaeyo? Geumanhae. Geojitmal, matjee? Matjee?!" His cracking voice only made it harder for me to keep my composure.

"It's true, Sehun-ah. I'm leaving, and I'm allowing you to focus on your career. You can be happy without me, I know you can. And I can be happy without you, too. We can go our separate ways and live our lives without each other."

Sehun shook his head. "Andwae. I can't. I can't live without you. I'll die without you by my side. I'm wither into nothing but ash. Jebal, geumanhae. You know you don't want to do this. You're lying to me and I don't know why." He said, his hands gripping my shoulders tightly.

I pulled from his grasp and continued throwing clothes into my bag. Seeing that I had enough close to tide me over for a week or two, I zipped it up. "I'll leave my apartment for you, unless you want to live with the other, then you can sell the place if you wish. I'll be gone for a long time, so don't wait for me. No matter how much you want to, don't" I said, before pulling myself and bag out into the front room.

Sehun followed me, wrapping his arms around me from behind. "Don't go. Don't leave me. Don't leave me alone. Saranghae, Sun Jin-Ah. Jeongmal saranghae. Don't throw away our happiness. Don't throw away our love. If I did something, tell me. I'll fix it."

I grabbed his hands and slowly unraveled them from my waist, before turning around to look at him. I could see the tears glistening on his cheeks. "Goodbye, Sehun-ah. I hope you do well. I'll be looking for your success in the States. You'll always be my favorite EXO member." I said, before grabbing my suitcase handle and slowly walking out the door.

I wrapped my palm around the handle. Mianhamnida, oppa. I'm doing this for you, so you can have a life that is unscathed. I'm doing this so you'll be happy. You'll forget me, I promise.

I turned the handle and left my apartment for good, leaving behind the only person I'd ever loved in my entire life.

~

The door had closed and Sehun was left standing in the middle of Jin-Ah's apartment. Tear were falling from his cheeks at a lightening speed. He reached his hand up and clutched his chest, before falling to the floor on his knees. He sobbed out loud, his cries filling the empty apartment.

"Wae? Wae?! Why is this happening?! Why is she leaving me?!" He yelled into the emptiness. "What did I do?! What?!" The pain he felt in his heart was growing excruciatingly painful.

He fell against the floor and coughed slightly, the tears dripping down the tip of his nose.

"W-wae?" He whispered before beginning to sob even harder.