Chapter 5: Holiday Vacation: Day #1

"Thank you for me making me smile when I'd almost forgotten how to."

The sunlight leaking through curtains woke Jin-Ah, although Sehun stayed fast asleep. Jin-Ah yawned, standing up and stretching her arms. Her eyes trailed over to Sehun and she smiled softly. She went over, sitting beside him. She reached her hand up, hovering it over his face so the sunlight didn't bother him. She liked watching him. His eyes closed, his mouth slightly open.

She sighed, wondering why he was such a good friend to her. He was important, she wasn't. He was attractive, she wasn't. All the things that he had, she didn't. Or so she believed. She sighed, suddenly wanting to sing. She didn't like her voice, nor did she think it was any good, but singing calmed her down a bit.

She stood up and went into the back room, a piano sitting in the corner. She had bought it a year earlier and sometimes played when she was down in the dumps. She sat on the bench, placing her hands on the keys and beginning to sing a song in English. She had mastered the language when she was younger, so pronunciation wasn't a problem. One of her favorite songs was 'The Words' by Christina Perri. The words flowed from her mouth in a perfect melody.

All of the lights land on you

The rest of the world fades from view

And all of the love I see

Please please say you feel it too

~

Sehun's eyes fluttered open to the sound of a beautiful voice. He sat up, yawning and stretching before noticing Jin-Ah wasn't beside him. He stood up and followed the voice, looking through the door and seeing Jin-Ah sitting at a piano.

He leaned against the doorframe, his arms crossed over his chest, a small smile on his lips. He couldn't believe Jin-Ah could sing. And her voice was so beautiful. He knew she was singing in English, so he couldn't quite understand the lyrics, but the melody was so beautiful. It matched perfectly with the notes she was playing on the piano. She held a note and Sehun closed his eyes, enjoying the sound of her voice.

The song finished and Sehun started clapping, startling Jin-Ah who hadn't known he was there. She got up and walked over to him, fidgeting with her hands nervously. Sehun wondered if it was because no one had ever listened to her sing. "Daebak. That was-" He paused, looking for the right word. "Magnificent."

Jin-Ah sighed and shook her head. "No. I know I'm terrible, no need to sugarcoat it." She said and Sehun looked at her with an annoyed look on his face. She cowered back slightly. "What?" She asked, her voice becoming softer by the second.

"Stop doing that." Sehun said bluntly and she scoffed, playing dumb.

"Doing what?" She asked and Sehun sighed, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He didn't want to snap at her.

"Stop being negative. Especially about yourself." He said, looking deeply into Jin-Ah's eyes. She sighed slightly, moving her eyes away from Sehun's and staring at the floor. Sehun sighed before reaching forward and pulling her into his arms. She was surprised, her eyes widening and her body freezing.

Sehun gently stroked her hair and finally, she sighed, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist. "I've never liked myself. I've never thought I was pretty or smart. Or anything. All my life, I just, I felt like a nobody. A person that didn't exist although I'm here." Jin-Ah confessed, willing back her tears.

Sehun pulled back, pushing a piece of hair behind Jin-Ah's ear. He smiled softly. He brushed away her tear as if feel down her cheek. "You don't have to feel like that anymore. Because I, as you new best friend, will tell you everyday that you are beautiful, smart, and that you matter." He said. Jin-Ah smiled, showing the sadness in her eyes.