Chapter Twentysix - a few home truths

Stepping out of the taxi, Josh jogged up the metallic stairs towards the flat.

I shouldn't be here. It wasn't my home, only Cheshire was four hours away from here.

"You coming, Em?" Josh beckoned.

"I need to go home, Josh." I whispered as I ignored my fifty billion phone calls from Harry.

"C'mon Em, the boys are coming home tomorrow. Just one more night?"

He gave me puppy dog eyes and I surrendered.

"Okay...fine." I sighed, and followed him up the stairs.

His flat was nearly identical to the boys, except for the interesting decor. Around the walls were some vintage art and posters.

"I didn't know you were into art." I admired as he poured me a glass of water.

"Ah." He smiled. "It's a secret hobby of mine. It really fascinates me."

He handed me the water and I gulped it down.

"Someone's thirsty." He laughed.

I nodded in reply.

"Right so here's the kitchen, the bathrooms over there and I'll be in my bedroom here if you need anything, love."

Josh showed me around his flat.

"Oh and you'll be sleeping here." He directed me towards a spare room beside his room.

"Thanks Josh."

He smiled at me and kissed my cheek gently.

"Goodnight Em." He called as he walked into his room.

"Night Josh." I whispered.

I closed the door and rummaged through my things for something to wear. I had nothing. I guess in my haste, I'd only packed the first things that I saw. All I had was Harry's jacket.

Sighing, I knocked on Josh's door. He swung it open, standing only in his boxers.

"Josh!" I shouted, averting my gaze to the ceiling.

"Oh right, yeah sorry." He chuckled. "I guess I'm not used to guests."

He closed the door and within a matter of seconds, opened it again now wearing trousers.

"That's better." I giggled.

"So what do you want babe?" He asked.

"Do you have anything I could wear,

I didn't really pack anything."

He rubbed his eyes for a moment and yawned.

"Erm, no not really. I have some...boxers?" He asked lightly.

"I guess it'll have to do." I smiled as he rummaged through a drawer and handed me a black pair.

"I really need to tell you something, Em. I'm not sure how, please don't get mad. I didn't want to hide it from you, it's just -"

"Please don't say anything Josh, I couldn't fall out with you too. I'm sure it's nothing."

I smiled, as he nodded slowly. Something big seemed to be on his mind but I couldn't cope with another argument.

"Well in that case, if you're sure." He added in concern.

I raised my eyebrows. "Josh."

"Yes?"

"Shut up." I giggled.

He burst into laughter. "Love you too."

I stopped laughing. "What?" I spluttered quickly.