Chapter Five - Memories.

We jumped out of the tree as we ran hand in hand towards the fair. Harry threw his beanie hat and glasses on as we ran.

There was a huge archway where you had to pay but behind it was a massive queue.

"We're gonna be here for hours." I sighed as we made our way to the back of the line.

"No we're not."

Harry took me by the hand as he pulled me towards the front of the line.

"You're not gonna use the 'famous card' are you?" He shook his head.

"Of course not. With great power, comes great responsibility."

He struck a superhero pose as I giggled.

"You're an idiot Harry Styles."

"I know, that's why we're doing this."

His grip tightened around my hand as he ran past the paying counter.

"Harry!!"

I shouted as he pulled me towards the barriers. We ducked under the archway as we ran for our lives. A security guard noticed us and began to chase us. I laughed loudly, living off the thrill of this. The security guard shouted after us.

Harry stopped abruptly and pulled me behind a ride. The security guard ran straight past us. I breathed a sigh of relief as I turned to face Harry.

I hadn't realised how close we were. Our faces were almost touching. He looked into my eyes and placed an arm on my hip pulling me closer. He placed his other hand on my cheek and began to move closer.

"There you are!"

I turned to see the security guard pointing at us. Harry grabbed my hand as we ran again through the fairground.

We stopped by the Ferris wheel as we burst into laughter.

"When did you become such a rule breaker?"

"I guess Louis has rubbed off on me."

I laughed as an awkward silence fell. Were we going to kiss? No, of course not this was Harry, I'm talking about. Harry, my annoying best friend. I must have misjudged the situation...

His green eyes smile at me and I feel butterflies. I've never felt butterflies with Harry, yet as I look at him I feel different! No, I won't let myself look at Harry in that way. I wouldn't risk this friendship.

Not ever.

We jump onto the Ferris wheel as we spot the security guard from the top. We duck under the carriage as they don't see us.

We pop back up and sit on the bench in the carriage as the wheel begins to rotate.

We get chatting and the awkwardness has gone.

"Harry doesn't being famous scare you?"

"No, why would it?"

"Because you've gone from Harry from Holmes Chapel to Harry from One Direction."

"No, I love being able to sing and have fans. Most of them are genuinely lovely and I have all of this because of you."

"That's not true Haz."

"Who persuaded me to audition?"

"Okay me, but you're the one with the voice."

"I still owe it to you."

*Flashback*

"Harry! Harry!" I shouted waving the slip in my hand as I ran up to him at the school gates.